Blew the engine on 80...Time to sell...Feedback appreciated (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
theres a 450 that took a violent roll down the highway around the corner from me.....dunno what kinda shape the motor is in; but might help if someone wants to pursue this one.

theres a 450 that took a violent roll down the highway around the corner from me.....dunno what kinda shape the motor is in; but might help if someone wants to pursue this one.

Is it going to a junk yard???
Might want the rear axle

:hmm::hmm:

Brian, seems that the price would have to be right to ship it, last check shipping from that area was about $1,200 but prices may have come down.

Though....I would love to assist in dropping a diesel in an 80 as a learning experience, but agree with others that it would take a lot of time to get this back on the road only because of the work involved.

Brian,

I think what another member mentioned in the thread is correct. 2K would be the top of the price range considering what others are going for. It would have to be in great shape mechanically and interior wise as well to pull above 2K. Especially if you have to ship it. Probably around 1500 is a decent price.

But you have a TON of options out there and if you look around they are a lot cheaper than you really think.

#1: Rebuild...do it yourself and it is not really going to be that bad at all. Probably under a grand.

#2: Drop another engine...just as easy...you can do it in a week and only at the cost of the replacement engine (I'm sure there are quite a few out there as Jason said he thinks there may be one just down the road)

#3: Engine swap.....LOTS more money but dooable if you have 6+ months and 3-5K in you pocket. 350 Vortecs can be had for nothing if you look right and I beleive there is a swap kit out there for them.

I would lend a hand if you need one...as you mentioned I'm only 45-hour away.

:hmm::hmm:

Brian, seems that the price would have to be right to ship it, last check shipping from that area was about $1,200 but prices may have come down.

Though....I would love to assist in dropping a diesel in an 80 as a learning experience, but agree with others that it would take a lot of time to get this back on the road only because of the work involved.

I think I might be going with TeeRex's red 80. Sorry to copy the color Greg! I was planning on going to Wilmington this weekend, but I might just ride with someone to CLT to take a look at it, and maybe drive it back...

I think I might be going with TeeRex's red 80. Sorry to copy the color Greg! I was planning on going to Wilmington this weekend, but I might just ride with someone to CLT to take a look at it, and maybe drive it back...

Brian I pm'd him yesterday telling him to bring both the 93 and the 70 out so I could take more pics since a lot of the OBX crowd was asking for them. If you haven't done so you might want to do that.

al, you dont want that axle....... trust me :D

ill see if its still there.... has been hiding under a tarp for a couple years and communication w/ the owner has been hit and miss.

Josh - Let me know what you decide to do. I may be interested.

will do. It sounds like since my dad is pretty much going to have to spot my brother the money that he is SOL for a little bit and he may lay it to rest in Texas where it is. Its too bad, i had dreams of building the 80. If it wasnt so much to ship here(1000 or so) it might be worth it to get it to the ACC guys but I think after getting an engine shipped, car shipped and work done its alot of money to be into the truck.

Contact Spanky or Roger Theurer on the STLCA group.... They were staying an extra week in Moab, then heading home. Last I heard, he had an empty slot on his car hauler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom