Blew my radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
cannabisforcolorado.com
I blew my radiator on my drive tonight. Trying to figure out if its because of a bad head gasket or old crappy radiator.
The head gasket was just redone, has under 500 miles on it, and the head was studded out.
Have a turbo on truck but im only running 5psi.
I ordered a new radiator cap this week, it was a little sticky and heard the truck bubbling after I shut it off. Did not put new cap on.
Temp gauge always reads in the middle.
Limping it home I filled up with water 3 times in about 2-3 miles. Radiator is leaking from the top. Just above the fan shroud.

checked oil its fine and do not see any water mixed in.
tempFileForShare_20191117-232004.jpg

20191117_230653.jpg

As brown as that radiator is, it was just old and it's time.

With a snail you now have an excuse to upgrade to a good one - the late 1FZ rads were the cheapest / alum 2 row ever in a 80.

Blessing in disguise.

As brown as that radiator is, it was just old and it's time.

Agree. We see lots of the original radiators die from old age. We prefer the TYC 1918 as a replacement. Inexpensive and very effective.

I think you posted up on another thread about a stuck fan clutch? If you remove the radiator, that oughta give you some room to wiggle that bitch outta there, no? The pic you uploaded shows the radiator still inside the vehicle, hence my question!

I think you posted up on another thread about a stuck fan clutch? If you remove the radiator, that oughta give you some room to wiggle that bitch outta there, no? The pic you uploaded shows the radiator still inside the vehicle, hence my question!

yes your right. Problem is bitch/fan is not moving at all. No wiggle.
Ill try fawking with it tomorrow. Gonna keep hitting it with oil to see if that helps break her free.

with the radiator out of the way, you can use a punch to help with the loosening, I'd think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom