Blasphemy??!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

...been slammed, sorry.

Yes, I did get some pictures but they were not too good (iphone in dark shop with bad lighting).

The canvas top and seats were installed as well, along with switch panel mounted in dash (removed ashtray- install fused toggle switch assembly) which turned out pretty cool.

Got the NL battery isolator installed along with the dual batteries all hooked up.

It should be ready for a photo shoot this week-end so I'll do a "fold-out" spread of this baby.

I can't wait to hit a trail!

Cheers!

Eddie

picture update

Finally had a chance to take some pictures.
P7040038.jpg
P7040037.jpg
P7040036.jpg

Compressor with air line. Fridge and a shot of the fridge elec. connection and an additional 12v accessory plug at the seat.
P7040027.jpg
P7040017.jpg
P7040015.jpg

A dash shot with fused, accessory switch panel. At tis point, only roof rack lights hooked up to the panel. ARB switches. Add'l 12v accessory plug. Dual battery monitor.
P7040011.jpg

The motor in that definitely isn't a 2H, it's a genuine 3.6 litre H motor.

Very nice work!

Obviously too late for the stock vs. modified debate, but IMO they were built to FUNCTION and if your needs require improvements then that's what it's all about. You could argue that keeping it stock is not what a Land Cruiser is all about :)

It certainly doesn't make any sense with the Jeep so why should this be any different.

Build it right and enjoy it. :) Looks great so far!

Well, that would explain the (less than I expected) power!!
I appreciate the information.

Cheers!
Eddie

Well, it'd suck if you ordered parts for a 2H and then realise they don't fit.;)

Last edited:
...I think so, but then again, I was very new to Toyota nomenclature...

So, this being the case, and wanting to keep it diesel and simple....what would my dream motor be??

...I think so, but then again, I was very new to Toyota nomenclature...

So, this being the case, and wanting to keep it diesel and simple....what would my dream motor be??

Depends.

2H with a Turbo will bolt in place of that H. So would a 12HT.

But a 1HZ with a turbo would be SWEET. But would require a lot of mods in general to make fit.

Dan

Depends.

2H with a Turbo will bolt in place of that H. So would a 12HT.

But a 1HZ with a turbo would be SWEET. But would require a lot of mods in general to make fit.

Dan

can you turbo the 1h motor?

I'm sure you CAN. I know Rufus is doing that (he's got a thread somewhere or other on it).

If I could do it super cheap I'd probably try it, and then if/when the H motor dies swap in a 2H (which have a long history of taking turbos well).

Dan

It has been done, plus Turbo Glide here have a kit for the H motor. But honestly, you would not bother, put a 2H or 12HT in instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom