Blacktail Wild Bill trails Anyone know anything aboit them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am up by Flathead lake and saw a sign for Blacktail mountain "jeep" trail. Does anyone know much aboit them? Good idea or bad idea to head up into it alone?

found a nice picture of an 80 in front of the sign when i googled it.

33996215154_9f9f6e0c09_b.jpg

This one is 4x4 routes of western montana. The author describes it as a class 1 to 4. 4 being you need 33s or bigger and one locker and winches suggested they also say there is ways to drive around the tough spots

I sent you a pm. Let me know how this one goes because i was interested in checking it out. Also kinda wanna know what a 4 looks like because a 2.5 in the book was a cake walk.

i will let you know if i get a chance to get up there. It is kind of up in the air.

If anyone is still interested in some info I have been there a couple of times and can provide information, photos, and videos. It is definitely somewhere to go if you want to test the limits of what your vehicle is capable of.

I live pretty close to the Lakeside side with quite a bit of parking if you need to pre stage. Need to do some tlc on my 40 before I run it anymore.

Ditto on the pics and vids. You can cross it in a stocker, some of the obstacles are not stocker friendly but has ample bypasses.

the trail itself is easy. along the trail there are several optional obstacles that lead back to the main trail. depending on how froggy you feel and built your vehicle is will determine the fun and potential pucker factor. but over all, it's as easy or hard as you want to make it.. I also highly encourage everyone to attend at least one of the BigSky 4x4 clubs annual Snow Bash that they put on!

Last edited:
Any idea on dates?
I also highly encourage everyone to attend at least one of the BigSky 4x4 clubs annual Snow Bash that they put on!

It doesn't look like they have dates for the next one, but here is their website:
Big Sky 4 Wheelers

Here are some photos of last summer for those that are interested.
7X4A2073.jpg

7X4A2075.jpg

7X4A2082.jpg

7X4A2101.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom