Blackstone UOA 10258 miles w/M1 0w-40 Supercharged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boydmick

RIP My Friend
SILVER Star
Threads
I wanted to run a report after adding the supercharger to see how things looked; unfortunately I couldn't find the oil sample I pulled, so I had to wait another 10,000 miles:mad:

Then I end up finding the last sample buried in the garage right after pulling this sample, so I sent them in together.:doh:.

Oil Analysis.jpg

I may need to pull a 5000 mile sample to see if the new air filter makes any difference.

Any comments from the oil gurus?
Oil Analysis.jpg

No expert, but 0 and 1 lead in most of your samples is remarkable and means your bearings are not wearing at all.

The iron--See if there are any leaks in you intake plumbing that would let in dust and abrasives. Change your airfilter as they suggest. Your next sample will be intersting.

Wow, 10k miles? I was worrying about changing my oil at 6k with Mobil 1 5w40.

Does anyone have the contact info for Blackstone? I googled it but stopped looking after 5 pages full of links to forums (including a lot to this one!)

linky

Blackstone Laboratories
416 E. Pettit Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN 46806

(260) 744-2380

No expert, but 0 and 1 lead in most of your samples is remarkable and means your bearings are not wearing at all.

The iron--See if there are any leaks in you intake plumbing that would let in dust and abrasives. Change your airfilter as they suggest. Your next sample will be intersting.

New filter installed at the time of change. I was obviously way overdue:rolleyes:

I'm thinking that with the supercharger I may have to change the filter much more often than before. The volume of air through the filter per mile has gone up so it makes sense that it would get dirty sooner (and maybe suck some particulates through) than naturally aspirated.

Is it too late to get a good TBN #???

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I had checked the box on the form, but I guess they missed it. They were already closed when I called today, I'll try in the morning. I think they can still do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom