Blacked out my 60.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drawing on inspiration and guided by some great posts on Mud I finally got round to blacking out my 60 this weekend.. Painted the grill and vents and de-chromed all the windows..

I've had a spare set of door handles powder coated but am unsure if I should fit them.. worried it might be taking it too far.. any thoughts?

Some pics from the weekend... stoked!

DSC07378.jpg

DSC07381.jpg

DSC07386.jpg
DSC07378.jpg
DSC07381.jpg
DSC07386.jpg

Looks good :cheers:
I also blacked mine out & powder coated the the door handles, dont worry about taking it to far,
Its gona look awsum completely blacked out!!!
2011-04-11_18-46-48_939.jpg

Yeah throw on those door handles. It will look nice.

2sun62,

Was it your cruiser that was recently restored and cost a small fortune to do so? btw, it probably would be a good idea to put some side market lights under the bottom edge so other cars can see your vehicle at night and not get t-boned some where.

Lookin' good there. :cheers:

Same as Tim, I'm worried that blacked out handles will look odd on the 4E9 truck.
Can one powder coat plastic effectively? Doesn't the bake process do damage?

Where did you get the welting for the rear windows? I was thinking that stuff was becoming hard to find

Yes! Put the door handles on! Also consider black bedliner for the lower area of the body.

Window welting: Precision part number WLS 466 R-100 Described as GM LCK STRP BLK-100 foot roll. Cost:$27.08 including shipping! Customer Service 800-367-8241

Yes! Put the door handles on! Also consider black bedliner for the lower area of the body.

Window welting: Precision part number WLS 466 R-100 Described as GM LCK STRP BLK-100 foot roll. Cost:$27.08 including shipping! Customer Service 800-367-8241

Semi-blacked out....

IMG_7423.jpg

Though I like my chrome rims so I left some chrome to go with. Blacked out the grill, inner light surrounds and the vents front and back. Also the lower body and sliders (not seen in the photo).

W.

As they say,
once you go black, you'll never go.... chrome
IMG_1012.jpg

Did the side vents ever come standard black? Mine are black already and I don't know if the PO did it before.

Trock, where the fxxx are your vents on the front fenders?!

... or rear red side marker lights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom