Black Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cwb

Threads
I'm looking for a set of black steel wheels to replace the chrome stockers on my 60. The black just looks tougher! I saw some great-looking ones on fj60.com, but they're $49 each. I thought that was a bit high. Anybody know of better deals?

I bought some cheaper but ended up using spacers and still grinding the calipers on my 60. I would assume the ones they are offering have the correct backspacing. $.02

I just bought a set of five 15x8, un-painted wheels with custom backspacing for 211.00 including tax and shipping from www.summitracing.com. There a bit hard to deal with cause for some reason hardly anybody there knows that that you can get small amounts of backspacing if the outer of the wheel is just reversed, which the wheel MFG (U.S. Wheel) will in fact do--they just have to be told to do it. Anyway, if 3.5 inch b.s. will work for you (which it should unless you want a wider stance on your rig), then I believe you can get the 15x8s for like $35 or so. Check 'em out.

Here's the wheel I got...Also, the reason mine come unpainted is because they're custom, if you just get the regular ones, they should come painted black.

-Ferg-

daytona.jpg

black spray paint is about $.99 :D

don't buy them from JT Outfitters, their "guaranteed fit" DOES NOT FIT! and the spacers provided are so thick that you can't get the lug nuts back on ::) I contacted them to let them know that I had to grind my calipers and the backs of the "d" rings to get them on but they didn't seem interested :flipoff2:

warning, these wheels DO NOT fit a fj60, unless you grind the calipers or use a spacer.

[quote author=AnthroCruiser link=board=1;threadid=9830;start=msg86708#msg86708 date=1073549357]
You may also want to try 4Wheelparts. They generally have decent prices... it looks like these black rock-crawlers are a couple bucks cheaper, but their Free Shipping makes up for a lot. http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=534&occlass=TECH&cat=WHE

As Ever,
AnthroCruiser
[/quote]

wait a sec.....the ferg i thought you were running 35s ,can you run 35s on 15x8 i was told to run them on a 15x10? because im going to the 35s on my rig the 31s are still on and it looks silly. because if i can im gonna order the rims you got...
thanks
-al

35x12.5's are just fine on a 8" wheel, thats what I run and ALOT of other folks, no different than running a 33x12.5 on a 8", the 12.5 on a 8" wheel will be less likely to pop off the bead then if on a 10" wheel

[quote author=lowtideride link=board=1;threadid=9830;start=msg86813#msg86813 date=1073576365]
wait a sec.....the ferg i thought you were running 35s ,can you run 35s on 15x8 i was told to run them on a 15x10? because im going to the 35s on my rig the 31s are still on and it looks silly. because if i can im gonna order the rims you got...
thanks
-al
[/quote]

[quote author=AnthroCruiser link=board=1;threadid=9830;start=msg86708#msg86708 date=1073549357]
You may also want to try 4Wheelparts. They generally have decent prices... it looks like these black rock-crawlers are a couple bucks cheaper, but their Free Shipping makes up for a lot. http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=534&occlass=TECH&cat=WHE

As Ever,
AnthroCruiser
[/quote]

The ones that fit the 40 are a lot more than a couple of bucks spendier:

TEC51-5883S3.5, 15x8" 6 on 5.5" w/3.5" backspacing, $61.58 

Does the 60 take a different size? Do I have the wrong size here?

Yup, what pimp siad about wheels. I went with the 8s for that reason and the fact that they were $10 cheaper each.

And forget about 4WheelParts. I have heard so much crap about their wheels that it's not even funny (search pirate4x4 mini-truck and landcruiser forums and you'll see). We also have a local 4WheelParts Warehouse down in SLC and almost everyone I've heard of refuses to even go in that place... And ya, I'm sure some people have had trouble with Summit, but you just have to TELL them what you need them to do...and if you only need 3.5 inches back spacing, you're golden cause it won't be a custom order. It will be a bit cheaper, it will be painted and you won't have to wait the extra week or so cause they stock 'em. Atleast that's what they told me anyways. And it's FREE SHIPPING also. I got 5 15x8s, shipped to my door for 211. That's 42.20 each shipped.

-Ferg-

[quote author=theo link=board=1;threadid=9830;start=msg86823#msg86823 date=1073577447]
The ones that fit the 40 are a lot more than a couple of bucks spendier:

TEC51-5883S3.5, 15x8" 6 on 5.5" w/3.5" backspacing, $61.58 

Does the 60 take a different size? Do I have the wrong size here?
[/quote]

thats the part # I got(from the tech section here), don't fit a mini conversion or a stock fj60 and yes they should work on all disc brake cruiser up to 1990...........but they dont.

This past summer I purchased a set of 5 black rockcrawlers from FJ60.com, for my 86 FJ60...fit well with no grinding of calipers or spacing required...just as advertised. Service was excellent, and supporting another FJ60 supplier...Now if he would just sell them without the red and blue stripe...

Cheers, and keep on Cruising

Ferg,
What backspacing did you end up going with?

[quote author=racerdave link=board=1;threadid=9830;start=msg86977#msg86977 date=1073593066]
Ferg,
What backspacing did you end up going with?
[/quote]

I ended up getting 2 inch backspacing. The US Wheel Rep I spoke with said they could go as far as 1.5 inch b.s. with the reversed outer. The only thing I've heard that's bad about having the outer reversed is that you cannot run beadlocks on them. No problemo for me--they're illegal for highway/road use here in Utah anyway...

-Ferg-

so the stock wheels are 15x8? right? is so im just gonna stick with them, they are much easier and cheaper than buying new ones...

damnit, so i prob should not run 36s on them right?
thanks
-al

damn, almost thought i could have saved 200 bucks...
-al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom