Black wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings fellow MUDers! I have been debating about whether or not to make my stock FJ60 wheels black or not. I was going to Plasti-dip them first to see if I liked the look enough, then maybe coat them with black POR-15 once I take the Plasti-dip off. I was wondering if anyone else has done this mod and if it looks good or not (pictures if you have them), or if anyone knows of a better way to do this. I am concerned with rust issues as my wheels have a slight bit of rust and I didn't want it to rust more because the Plasti-dip retains moisture. Thanks! Bluecrui :steer:

I washed then scuffed then used brakekleen then shot with rattlecan, makes touchups much easier.

Do it in white like an FJ40!

Do it in white like an FJ40!

That would work with steelies with hubcaps, but I'd say doing it to the stock 60 wheels would look.......I don't know what. Weird.
I had white wagon wheels on my 1970 Blazer and they looked great. Something about the styling of the stock 60 wheels wouldn't quite work.

My .02

Powder coated original wheels

MVC-723S.jpg

My wheels aren't stock, but I am partial to black wheels. However, there is something cool about the original look of the chrome wheels...

IMG_20131231_054003.jpg

IMG_20131231_054003.jpg

That looks like Hollister Hills.

Post a pic of rig, assuming your rig is blue I think white will look sweet. Black rims are overplayed, red or blue cruisers with 2-3" lift, 33s, non-tinted windows and white rims is one of my favorite looks.

At least consider gray.

I almost have your rig, black wheels though.

I just had mine powder coated a month ago. $50 a wheel at a shop in SF. I really like the way they turned out.

image-826663324.jpg

image-826663324.jpg

Also look at Reevesci's build of Blue Marley (now owned by FinnyFams brother) as he blacked out the stock wheels. However, if I remember correctly he just painted them.

Paint them gray. Look up Joe_E's beautiful resto, his is blue and looks amazing with gray wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom