Black Wheels / While LC100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Borrowed the pic from mub member Anthony. My truck would look like this with the rims blacked out... isnt that a bit much? My bumpers and trims are also the same color as the body....

ADL_2871.jpg

:eek:

That is bad-friggin-ass!
"a bit much"???? Hell no. I think it looks great.

I have NEVER seen a LC100 in black in real life. NEVER. With those rims and that tint it looks great.

Finally got the wheels done

Here's the before and after on the truck, really like how it turned out...
before side.jpg
after-side-2.jpg
after-side.jpg

Looks great!

I chickened out and had mine powder coated OEM color. But, I've got them wrapped with brand new 33" BFG AT's, so there's that.

You should have gone with gunmetal. :flipoff2:

But black does look very nice, especially with the black grille and roof rack. Gunmetal would have looked good with the grayish trim though....

I heard he was about to purchase a slee front and rear bumper and a can on krylon satin black.....to fix the grayish trim issue.

I heard he was about to purchase a slee front and rear bumper and a can on krylon satin black.....to fix the grayish trim issue.

Yeah that's on the list....in about 50k miles, when i get a new daily driver.

Until then, only sliders and tires.

what if you get rear ended by a suburban and pushed into two more cars in front of you? Snotts got rear ended at 35mph and it didnt even bend his stuff, just "adjusted" his spare location.

Borrowed the pic from mub member Anthony. My truck would look like this with the rims blacked out... isnt that a bit much? My bumpers and trims are also the same color as the body....

ADL_2871.jpg
What size is lift/tires on this pic? Thanks, Mike

This looks awesome... I have a white one and want to black out the rims also...how did these rims get black? Powder coat or paint?

If you just want to try it out, pick up a product called plasti dip in aerosol form. It's a rubberized spray paint. Clean your wheels, spray it on. And if you don't like it it peels right off. Lots of you tubes about it... I did mine with that method two years ago and they still look great, never did get around to powder coating them.

And sorry if someone already mentioned this, I didn't read the whole thread.

Sorry for resuscitating this older thread.

Hey Dragoncruiser - what did you use to make your tail lights with the black rim? Did you paint them? Plasti dip?

They look awesome!!

I did that 5 years ago to the tail lights on my LX. I used matte trim black paint. Just masked off the lamps and did a couple light coats on the surrounding areas. TheFuzz did the same on his but used gloss black. Again we just taped the lamps off and sprayed a couple light coats. Not tough, but it's all about the prep work if you want it to look good. Below is a picture from back when I did them, they look the same today.

IMG_0651.jpg

That looks great! I am a newbie at doing stuff to my cruiser. Can you give me more steps; such as brand of paint, where you bought it, did you have to scuff those edges and any other prep work? Just regular blue masking tape? I have a 2001 LC, so I have more masking to do.

I searched for "tail light paint" on how to paint them but came up blank. Sorry if there is a thread out there and I did not see it.

I did that 5 years ago to the tail lights on my LX. I used matte trim black paint. Just masked off the lamps and did a couple light coats on the surrounding areas. TheFuzz did the same on his but used gloss black. Again we just taped the lamps off and sprayed a couple light coats. Not tough, but it's all about the prep work if you want it to look good. Below is a picture from back when I did them, they look the same today.

You have skills! I don't so i have to pay someone. I'm still talkin myself into having my wheels powder coated. Wife thinks I'll never get the $300 back in 3 years when I sell my rig and get a 200 or a new GX.

You have skills! I don't so i have to pay someone. I'm still talkin myself into having my wheels powder coated. Wife thinks I'll never get the $300 back in 3 years when I sell my rig and get a 200 or a new GX.
Get your $300 back? Probably not, but if you start sticking your finger into the change slots at vending machines for next 3 years you can hand her a $300 sack of loose change when you sell the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom