Black Moly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered some Moly-Graph (molybdenum and graphite) grease from the local NAPA. I'm about to do a front axle rebuild and wondered if this stuff was good. It's Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly-Graph Multi Purpose Grease

Base Type: Lithium 12 Hydroxy Stearate
Color: Black
N.I.G.I. No: Grade 2
Drop Point: 360 F Min.
Water Resistance: Excellent
Timken OK Load: 40lbs.

Warning: Contains Mineral Oil (heavy) 64741-96-4, Lithium Soap 7620-77-1, Antimony Diakyldithiocarbamate 800983-5015 P, Calcium Dinonylnaphthalene Sulfonate 57885-77-3

I was going to get some Mobil 1 Synthetic moly but couldn't find anyone that could order it for me in the 4lb tub size so I called NAPA and this is what they ordered me.

Last edited:
I ordered some Moly-Graph (molybdenum and graphite) grease from the local NAPA. I'm about to do a front axle rebuild and wondered if this stuff was good. It's Sta-Lube Extreme Pressure Moly-Graph Multi Purpose Grease

Short, squatty black can with a white lid. Stinks like hell. I have done dozens of rebuilds and that is all I have ever used for the moly required by the FSM.

Looks like good stuff. I used it for the birfs, but I went with full synthetic on the wheel bearings. Just a thought. Have fun!

Short, squatty black can with a white lid. Stinks like hell. I have done dozens of rebuilds and that is all I have ever used for the moly required by the FSM.

I ordered the 7lb buckey since they apparently couldn't get a 4lb tub either. I don't know about the color of the can yet because NAPA shipped it to the wrong store so I'll have to get it tomorrow.

Thanks for the feed back, makes me feel better that I KNOW I got the right stuff instead of just thinking I did.

I do have a 14oz tube of Amsoil water resistant heavy duty grease. Will this be enough for the wheel bearings on both sides. Should be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom