Black Mirrors, White Body, Tan Trim, and (future) Black Armored Bumpers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
Trying a new look mirror. Last winter I was able to buy some black mirrors from a local LX470 part out. I like the look of a satin finish mirror with the black window trim.

The original white mirrors were in need of complete restoration. I figured since these mirrors were originally black, it will take a significant hit to break through multiple layers of black.

Also, if these get scratched up, I can refinish them with some satin black with adhesion promoter as a DIY (self-maintenance) project. Since I still have the original mirrors, I can revert back to the white mirror look.

It turns out that both old and new mirrors have the same right/left adjustment movement issue. Up and down works just fine.

After tapping the switch a couple of times, I think the control switch may have an issue. I need to look for a new adjustment switch or try to take this one out and clean it.

Off to finish the other side. I think this will look good with black armored bumpers.

The body shop that painted the trim tan, also painted the mirrors. They removed the mirror glass the in inner part of the mirrow would come out clean looking.

1598107012232.png

1598176560563.png

Last edited:
I like this a lot. Are you planning to paint the cladding black or keep it tan?

I like this a lot. Are you planning to paint the cladding black or keep it tan?

Keeping it tan. I just had it painted from white to tan. It needed to be refreshed. I wanted some contrast that matched the interior color.

The body shop said they used this type of procedure to remove the mirror glass before painting.

What's the paint code for the tan?

Also do you have any more pictures, I think it looks great! I've been looking into doing something to add some contrast to my white cruiser as well.

What's the paint code for the tan?

Also do you have any more pictures, I think it looks great! I've been looking into doing something to add some contrast to my white cruiser as well.

The paint code is 4V6 Quicksand from a 2019 Tacoma. I wanted to stay with Toyota paint. I've always admired that paint on the new Tacomas.

Stop by a Toyota dealer and check out the color on a new truck to see how you like it.

This is before the black mirrors.

1598193807651.png

The painter did a very detailed job. It is very hard to tell this didn't come from the factory like this.

1598193866875.png

After black mirrors.

1598194035492.png

Tacoma Quicksand. Always better to go look at the paint on a car/truck to see how you like it in person before committing to it.

1598193950817.png

I have this bumper in the garage to be installed after the suspension conversion. I'm copying this type of two-tone look. This is where I'm headed.

1598194219929.png

Last edited:
I have a white 100 that I have the side trim off of right now to sand/clean. Trying to decide what color to paint the trim.

Thinking ease of touchup should be the deciding factor, although maybe I should just Monstaline them in a gray/tan color.

You’ll need your running boards back on for the full look!

I always liked my LX because of the all white look you can’t get on an LC. But now I’m reconsidering. I love your two tone tan, looks great!

Thank you. I'll be running some black sliders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom