black gum for attaching vapor barrier to door? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone help me w a part number or some guidance for the adheisive I need to put on a new vapor lock after a window repair? the black gum that toyota used originally is still sticky but there's not enough of it to re-use it... Thank you...

Some of the stuff I've seen used to stick the clear plastic barrier to the door looks like it is applied from a tube, like with a caulking gun. Looks like mirror mastic.

That product does not appear to be available in the US market,
at least not home depot in the US.

I used this stuff. Ordered it off amazon.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Duct tape works rather well.

That product does not appear to be available in the US market,
at least not home depot in the US.

min sure they have a similar product as it’s used to seal vapor barriers in building construction.

Tyvek tape at lowes or home depot works well also... sticky, waterproof and as fjbj40 mentioned, is used in construction for vapor barriers.

can anyone help me w a part number or some guidance for the adheisive I need to put on a new vapor lock after a window repair? the black gum that toyota used originally is still sticky but there's not enough of it to re-use it... Thank you...

I used butyl tape from Amazon which still seems to be for sale. Had a lot left over but I only did one door.

Amazon product ASIN B07CTQ67X9
Matched the factory style tape that was already on my cruiser, perhaps a bit thicker. Nasty stuff and hard to remove from your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom