Black Garnet Pearl... really that rare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
When I started looking for a 100, the first one I got serious about was Black Garnet Pearl. Knowing that used (I had narrowed to low mile 2006-2007) 100s were rare to begin with, I wasn't limiting myself to colors. But I really (!) liked that Black Garnet Pearl.

Weeks (and several 100s) later I found my truck - a 2006 with 39,000 miles and no AHC... and it's Black Garnet Pearl. But since then, I've seen very few in this color. Is it that rare? Anyone know if there are sales stats for colors?

Garnet.png

Last edited:
Beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen that color.

Nice!

Don't know any official stats but in my area (Washington Metropolitan area) I feel like I see more LXs than LCs overall.
For LXs I think I see the most in white, then black, then least overall of silver/gray/light blue.
For LCs I think I see the most in silver, then black, then least overall in blue, garnet pearl and green.

Just off the cuff. Will have to take a look at cars.com and autotrader to see what the metrics are :)

Mines an 04 in that color, ive seen one other. it was a family on I-10 headed west on the five lane section in baton rouge right where two interstates come together. we didnt see each other until we were right next to each other, they took a picture. So i would guess they hadnt seen another either.

I have only ever seen one in western Co. I like that in low light it looks black and it isn't until you get close or it's bright out that it looks red. Awesome! The one here is in much much worse condition than yours.

I test drove one I was going to buy before I bought my LX...it was a great car. Dealer had it driven 2.5 hours up the coast to me just to test drive and check out. It was a beauty... a 2006 out of Beaufort dealership.

That an awesome color and no AHC to boot. I say well done sir well done...

I just picked up this 2006 LC 100 with 99k. Honestly it was not my first choice in color but it does seem to be a rarity which I do like so I don’t look like every other land cruiser. I couldn’t pass it up considering the mileage! I am now very happy that I did buy it and I named it Grimace! Which is the 1980s McDonald’s character who was a similar color! Just thought I share that story. Lol.

I can’t turn pic right side up. Sorry. 🤷🏻‍♂️
0C007C62-106A-42DE-A697-D99DE5915492.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful! And under 100,000?! You scored a good one.

When I started looking for a 100, the first one I got serious about was Black Garnet Pearl. Knowing that used (I had narrowed to low mile 2006-2007) 100s were rare to begin with, I wasn't limiting myself to colors. But I really (!) liked that Black Garnet Pearl.

Weeks (and several 100s) later I found my truck - a 2006 with 39,000 miles and no AHC... and it's Black Garnet Pearl. But since then, I've seen very few in this color. Is it that rare? Anyone know if there are sales stats for colors?

DSC_1100.jpg
My 2004 is Black Garnet Pearl (3Q2 is the colour code) perhaps we could have a pole of 100 owner/members of colour and code, then you would see how rare Black Garnet Pearl is.

Someone with time please start the “what color is your 100 poll. I’m guessing my two are the most common colors..... white and champagne pearl.

I have a 2006 in Black Garnet Pearl. I love the color. Mine has 181k on it though.

IMG_0771.JPEG

Hey @JV22 wanna see your truck with 275/75/18s, no running boards and a 3/4" twist in the TBs? ;)

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 7.20.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Thats not my truck above, I just rotated the pic for him...but sure lol. Mines all stock that I daily 100 miles round trip with 313k miles and counting.
Hey @Cannon88 wanna see what @JV22's truck looks like with... ;) 313k! That's amazing. But do you still look back at when you park it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom