Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Holiday Deals??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Noco jump packs have a history of half off on Amazon for Black Friday. If that holds up this year I’ll be grabbing another.

Rotopax just put up some defect products up, ordered 2 x 3 gallon packs for 50%off

Nice action shot!
So that front skid comes off to change the motor oil? Must be easier then the oem plastic.
There is a small access panel under the filter and another under the oil drain plug. You can see them in this shot:

1A56AC5F-C17C-456D-BE86-04FBD3854E0E.jpeg

That's the money shot.:cry: I was just thinking of getting the front skid plate.

7AF24E1C-0EE5-4354-B8C5-64032B594EB5.jpeg
consider steel if you wheel rocks. These are the aluminum version...
BEF43CAB-C22F-4910-AADE-4D55043B084A.jpeg

Thinking of the 3/16" steel . I'm assuming there is no gap fit to the oem plastic.?

There is a small gap between the front skid and the factory bumper plastic. It exposes a condenser and the radiator, but it's probably not that risky. I made a filler piece out of a piece of sheet aluminum to cover the opening.

I seem to recall that @kcjaz had Bud make a filler panel, but I believe it is specific to the pre-2016 TJM13.

There is a small gap between the front skid and the factory bumper plastic. It exposes a condenser and the radiator, but it's probably not that risky. I made a filler piece out of a piece of sheet aluminum to cover the opening.

I seem to recall that @kcjaz had Bud make a filler panel, but I believe it is specific to the pre-2016 TJM13.
yes Bud made a custom transition plate (1/8" SS) to my T13, 2013 LC for me. Good shot of it in the pics above.

That's the money shot.:cry: I was just thinking of getting the front skid plate.
If you can get only one of those skids, I'd consider the transfer case skid plate. The factory protection is horrible, and mounted directly to the aluminum transfer case. A solid hit could demolish your transfer case.

If you can get only one of those skids, I'd consider the transfer case skid plate. The factory protection is horrible, and mounted directly to the aluminum transfer case. A solid hit could demolish your transfer case.
^^^ this. I was going to reply with this same advice. My last two wheeling trips, I have hit hard on the transfer skid. Maybe I'd have been OK with the factory but essentially hitting the transfer case with a sludge hammer doesn't seem like a good thing. Hitting the BB skid bolted to the BB cross member bolted to the frame is much better. The transfer case was unaware of the impact. It the difference between wearing a helmet or just not hitting your head.

I know it seems like a lot of cash for the full set but if you are going to really wheel a 200 over rocks, not having may cost more. With them, I try things that I didn't dare to before I put them on and the bad line mistakes I make are more forgiving.

Sounds like we're on the same journey!

This post inspired me to place an order for the aluminum transfer case skid. Now to wait 6-8 weeks

Overland Metric Black Friday through Cyber Monday Sale:

20% off Gold Cadmium FJ40 Kit and Silver Zinc FJ40 Kit. Discount applied in cart at checkout. Ends Monday at midnight.

Gold CAD Kit

Silver Zinc Kit

Happy Holidays to Mud!

Been saving for this week. Ordered some TRD wheels from Toyota South Atlanta. Starting today, they automatically took 10% off TRD products and offered free shipping. Nice lil Black Friday deal.
Link?? I’m interested in picking some up. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom