Black Balsam 2014 October 24-26th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Heater question answered. I will be coming up Saturday and spending the night. I will not be bringing John Candy, Steve Martin or anyone else for warmth, so i will begin working on an alternative source of thermal goodness.

Do yourself a favor and go buy a buddy heater. That's what i did.

The small Coleman catalytic heaters are great. I use them in late December and early January for primitive camping/hunting trips. Of course, a nice sleeping pad and good bag should suffice in late October. Then again, if you sleep in your truck, you should just expect to get cold. I have always been cold when trying to sleep in a truck or car.

I think I will be making this for the weekend.

I'm in with Bonnie, probably Jeri, and possibly some offspring and their creatures.

The small Coleman catalytic heaters are great. I use them in late December and early January for primitive camping/hunting trips. Of course, a nice sleeping pad and good bag should suffice in late October. Then again, if you sleep in your truck, you should just expect to get cold. I have always been cold when trying to sleep in a truck or car.
Big difference from 1k and 4k feet and 30mph winds. Doesn't matter where you are your going to be cold.

We've been getting a ton of rain down here in CHS... Just curious if the rain has held up the construction at Black Balsam?

I will call and check as it gets closer. We have not seen the rain you have though.

I'm in with Bonnie, probably Jeri, and possibly some offspring and their creatures.

Turns out I won't make it after all mores the pity.
I need to go to Virginia Beach that weekend.
Have fun, stay unfrozen (warm probably not an option)

Has anybody been up to scout and see if the trails are open? An article in the Greenville news stated that it would be gated the 2nd of September.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ctacular-views-can-find-blueberries/14452505/

I just got off the phone with the forest service and they said according to their list it was open but when she was there 2 weeks ago it was gated. I have a friend who is a Forest Service LEO in the area so I have sent a text to confirm. Their service is spotty so as soon as he respond I will post up.

They closed it back up to re pave the access road/entrance. Supposed to be done by the time we go up as long as weather permits. I plan on calling up as well the week of to make sure.

Nice. If you guys will have a crusty Jeep guy along I may have to slide up.

Sounds good to me. Matt's friend troy may come out as well. He has a built jeep commander.

Im sure it is but Matt will know for a fact.

Lol I think he is still having from driveshaft issues. I'm trying hard to get him in a Yota.

I'm planning on going. Going to be solo wife swears not to go cold weather camping again especially after the country fried weekend last January. Just got my little buddy heater last week so hopefully things will fare better this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom