black as stock color (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if there is such thing as factory black fj80s? I was under the impression there wasn't...

Lexus offered the LX450 in black... Dunno about Toyota.

Last edited:
There are plenty of black FZJ80's. I don't remember seeing any black FJ80's.

Official highjack...has anyone ever 'murdered' out a perfectly good 80 series with black base coat only / flat black rattle can? If so, post pics please...I gotta see it. Thanks...carry on

afaik, black only came out in 96+. first flavours had chrome mirrors & handles/trim, while the latter ones had all black. lexus had black 450's with grey body cladding

Our 96 Lexus 450 is Black, but no chrome. The trim panels and bumpers are a darker gray color ...

I've seen LC's around here that are all black ...

They look BA!

:cheers:

-Josh

afaik, black only came out in 96+. first flavours had chrome mirrors & handles/trim, while the latter ones had all black. lexus had black 450's with grey body cladding

Actually, the chrome mirrors and handles were an option on the black trucks. When I ordered my '96, the key items I wanted were lockers and black with oak interior. The chrome stuff was made available later in the year.

I'm somewhat biased, but I also think the Black with Oak interior is BA :beer:

Official highjack...has anyone ever 'murdered' out a perfectly good 80 series with black base coat only / flat black rattle can? If so, post pics please...I gotta see it. Thanks...carry on

pretty close glossy homicide maybe IH8MUD™ Forums

and this isnt too far off either
pumpkinpigrun07030.jpg

My 95 (build date 05/95) is black (factory color). Tan (oak?) interior with the chrome mirrors and door handles.

I've got an all black 97 with all gray interior, if it helps out any.

My 95 (build date 05/95) is black (factory color). Tan (oak?) interior with the chrome mirrors and door handles.

So much for my thinking that the chrome package came later :doh:

I guess it just wasn't available when I ordered my '96 in late 1995 (I waited until April 1996 for delivery so I could get the options I wanted which weren't available in the states - but I got to track it on the boat from Japan!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom