Black 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The recent paint threads got me thinking about what aftermarket color would look good on a 60 series. How about a shiny black? I think it would look great! Anyone seen such a cruiser?

I saw one on E-Bay once. If you paint it black you might want to door the dor jams also, a black truck with white or blue dorr jams might look silly. Also black paint shows inperfections more than any other color.

Dark colours are hard to keep clean, my wife had a black passat, that sucked. Her dark green Rover is just as bad, couldnt imagine trying to keep a black 60 clean. Of course, you may not want to drive yours in the dirt...LOL

There's a guy around town here who just had his FJ62 painted black and it looks pretty sweet. It's got just about every mod you could think of and it all goes together pretty well. Definitely not easy to keep clean though, if you're one to keep a 62 clean.

There's one in the Boulder area

There's someone I used to see everyday on the way to work...stock, black FJ60...This one had an "ok" paint job, and was usally dirty...it did look cool, though. Never seen another black one.

Having worked detailing cars for a few summers, I agree, black is tough to keep looking really good and does show blemishes more than any other color.

HTH

CardinalFJ60

what about a reddish/orange metallic? at worst, it would be easier to spot from the air if you got yourself lost out in the Alaskan bush....

-db-

I have actually considered Land Rover Tangiers Red (the colour of the G4 challenge Rovers) which is that bright orange... But it is a Rover colour and my wife would give me too much hell....

dogboy2 said:
what about a reddish/orange metallic? at worst, it would be easier to spot from the air if you got yourself lost out in the Alaskan bush....

-db-

That's about the color I have now-without the metallic! :) Of course, it's supposed to be red, but it seems to be getting more orangish as it ages. An older woman described it as orange the other day! Midnight blue sounds great. I really like the 1st and 2nd generation 4runners in black, and also the 80 series. 60 series have the best body style of all wagons, IMO, so black seems like a good fit. Thanks for the photo! A mild lift with alloys would really be sharp.

Yeh, it had Victorian plates on it, and it didn't look like a respray. The interior was done as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom