BLACK 1996/1997 lx 450 duplicate-color (interior and exterior paint codes, solvents and other stuff?) (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have the links to the paint codes from Lexus but also for the Dupli-color cans so they are all in one place on the web?
i found a couple links but no one is listing the part codes.
this link seems to say he has the secondary gray as a match but they have redone the labeling and he doesn't post the color or part #.
i got "HWP 102 Graphite" just now.
anyone know if this duplicator matched the grey on the black two tone?
if so what do i get for BLACK from dupli-color?
lastly i have the 202 black touch up stick from lexus. should i get anything else touch up wise? solvents? other?
also what do i need to touch up interior scratches or discoloration?
THANKS

21DD93EB-B1AC-46C1-808D-4EC0191395F3.jpeg

649D575D-6A1B-4585-A249-994CF0543AD3.jpeg

7A642B56-FBAA-48AD-B87D-BE575B64E24E.jpeg

67BFE6BA-4B1D-4E06-B01F-474A88D5D647.png

Do not use Duplicolor paint. That's like painting your truck with Krylon.

No offense to anyone that has used Krylon. If it was Super White, I would say knock yourself out, but not a metallic.

Do not use Duplicolor paint. That's like painting your truck with Krylon.

No offense to anyone that has used Krylon. If it was Super White, I would say knock yourself out, but not a metallic.
thanks. maybe i wasn't thinking very clearly about it. i went in for some flat black to paint this AC part.
and i started thinking i should pick something up in case i needed it to touch up something hidden? or to match something close-ish (?) that wasn't an actual painted part?
what about using some of this stuff in case you had do touch up the plastic or metal painted bumpers? i think they are supposed to be grey and the guy in that thread was saying this matches the LX grey parts.

319BBAFF-65B6-479A-8C58-20395FA57FD5.png

80682E2B-9622-485A-A8D4-AAAC4B9F1524.jpeg

I personally would not use that. I buy spray cans of automotive acrylic enamel from an autobody supply store. Take a bumper end cap in and they can match it.

Also, there are several companies that make a touch-up color for leather. It looks kind of like liquid shoe polish. Since the backing under the brown is dark, you might have to touch it up with white then tan. I would check Amazon. Or your local upholstery shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom