bj74 exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
did the crappy aluminized steel exhaust a few years ago and it did not last long. I got my hands on some some stainless pipe but the old exhaust flange off the turbo looks dated and feels like it should go while I am at it. Any suggestions? I see some for ct26 turbos out there but not right shape of flange. Also if there is anyone that can install and weld it in vancouver area?

EBI - Extreme Bends - would be a place to look. There is a guy there, JVoo that built the exhaust I have
on a BJ74. Did a good job!

Can you send me a picture of the turbo at where the pipe is connected?

27600693-5C6D-4C91-8052-5DA43BE33B2E.jpeg

I can’t send picture as I’m currently in Pennsylvania. Also I’ve removed the exhaust to install it into another BJ74. It should be at least aluminized steel they call it. I have always painted and cleaned my exhausts, and on occasion repainted them if I remember. They seem to last. The drop pipe you have should probably be replaced soon, but they tend to look worse than they are. Before you try to turn those nuts, make sure you spray it with penetrating oil first. Are you familiar with Extreme Bends?
I’ve built too many vehicles to count, never used stainless

I do know of EBI. I did find this

this plus this doable?
Amazon product ASIN B078VLNRWD+

v_band_low.jpg

vband.jpg

So I just bought a turbo flange from a ct26 (common on Supra) then a tight 90 and welded it on for my 3 in exhaust

EBI - Extreme Bends - would be a place to look. There is a guy there, JVoo that built the exhaust I have
on a BJ74. Did a good job!
I have to refute this. The Aero muffler was installed backwards, reverse of flow. There were some
terrible creases why I don’t know but in the end it isn’t good and sure didn’t last. This was before he
was at EBI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom