BJ74 Clutch booster...or not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
Alright, so I did lots of searching on this but I'm slightly confused (which is normal)

From everything I can find, ALL BJ74's have the clutch booster. Well as I figured, my clutch master and slave seem to be leaking. It's been sitting for 4 years so I assume seals dried out. I had my son steer a few times and I think he pushed on the clutch (with no clutch in it) so the slave was pushed out and leaking. I noticed the main leaking as well.

Here's the weird, or not so weird thing. It appears this doesn't have a clutch booster, or it was removed? It's a bit dirty under there.

clutchpedal.jpg

It also just has the 2 bolt Clutch master cylinder, which appears thats how it always was. Also appears to have been leaking awhile as well.

clutchmaster.jpg

It appears the OEM version is no longer available but I have seen posts from @cruiseroutfit having good luck rebuilding. Are the rebuild kits decent for these, or do I just try and find a replacement for both?

It appears the OEM version is no longer available but I have seen posts from @cruiseroutfit having good luck rebuilding. Are the rebuild kits decent for these, or do I just try and find a replacement for both?

Hit us (Cruiser Outfitters) with your frame # and model code and we can likely get you a direct replacement for that setup. We stock 30+ clutch master cylinders for various LC models and can track down others.

They didn’t all come with a clutch booster.

Cheers

I wonder if it was a JDM sorta thing. I guess all the posts I saw were JDM rigs and those seem to be the loaded ones.

Hit us (Cruiser Outfitters) with your frame # and model code and we can likely get you a direct replacement for that setup. We stock 30+ clutch master cylinders for various LC models and can track down others.

Will do, thanks!

From what I have seen it was more of a top trim thing, like LX trim or market depending.

My truck is General Spec but an LX and has the clutch booster.

It does make for a nice clutch.

Cheers

From what I have seen it was more of a top trim thing, like LX trim or market depending.

My truck is General Spec but an LX and has the clutch booster.

It does make for a nice clutch.

Cheers

Mine is an LX too. I wonder if it's market depending.

5spd, A/C, manual doors/windows, 12volt, non-suspension seat, OEM Chrome 16" rims and a Chrome LX badge on the back. I usually see Red LX badges.

Mine is an LX too. I wonder if it's market depending.

5spd, A/C, manual doors/windows, 12volt, non-suspension seat, OEM Chrome 16" rims and a Chrome LX badge on the back. I usually see Red LX badges.

Pretty much same exact thing on my 1990 PZJ70.

Cheers

All JDM BJ74s had a clutch booster. Australian-spec could be either. Those were the only markets that got the 74.

A non-boost master from a 3B truck may work. You would lose the mounting point for the heat shield however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom