BJ74 body removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a quick search but didn't find...

How hard is it to remove a BJ74 body and put it back on?

My employer has a pair of them and rolled one, the other has a rusty frame. They asked if I could switch the good body onto the rolled truck with the good frame.

I have a big crane in my shop that could easily pick up the bodies and move them around. People who've done this before, roughly how much time would you expect this to take? Anything tricky about it?

Did a quick search but didn't find...

How hard is it to remove a BJ74 body and put it back on?

My employer has a pair of them and rolled one, the other has a rusty frame. They asked if I could switch the good body onto the rolled truck with the good frame.

I have a big crane in my shop that could easily pick up the bodies and move them around. People who've done this before, roughly how much time would you expect this to take? Anything tricky about it?
If it is the exact same model it should be relatively straightforward. You will have to disconect the fuel and brake lines ect which will add time in the bleeding process. Other than that it should just be a matter of unbolting parts in the engine bay and freeing the body. At a guess 3 days should be more than enough time with a couple of guys?

Anything tricky about it?

You need to have a fairly high roof in the workshop , or do it outside. The body mountings often rust up and/or break when you try to undo them. Make sure you have some new rubber mountings for the body replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom