BJ74, 13BT Kickdown cable adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Barragga Bay, Far south coast NSW Australia
Hi.
Does anyone have the correct adjustment for the kickdown cable on a 1986 L/C bj74 with a 13bt motor.
the information in the workshop manual only refers to 3f and 2h engine.
Also looking for a 24 volt oil pressure sender and Idle up VSW for the same vehicle.
Any help would be appreciated, have just completely rebuilt the motor.
Barry.

I had a auto bj74 previously, but I think I just played with the cable until it felt right, regarding 24v oil sender I bought via amayama, you will get VSV for ac as well, I need one also to be honest, although haven't bothered me too much with the manual idler knob t use . Where are your photos, everybody like photos of the rigs

I had a auto bj74 previously, but I think I just played with the cable until it felt right, regarding 24v oil sender I bought via amayama, you will get VSV for ac as well, I need one also to be honest, although haven't bothered me too much with the manual idler knob t use . Where are your photos, everybody like photos of the rigs

I've got an 80 series auto trans in my Troopy, as I used a custom cable, I had to work it out by feel. Tighten the cable at the arm until it has about 5mm play, if it kicks down too soon, back it off a little, if it takes too much pedal to kick it down tighten it up a little.

the bj's.jpg

IMGP0219.JPG
Hi again,
Regarding the Kick down cable adjustment, would I be right in saying the first thing to do is to adjust the cam on the bottom of the throttle linkage to give 33mm of travel at the cable end,and being sure to have a fully open throttle. then adjust the kick down cable to have the correct stopper to bowden 0.5 - 1.5mm and 33mmof travel.

Anyone see any problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom