BJ74 13b-t fuel adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Proud owner of an unmolested BJ74 13b-T for the past 6 months. I’ve been ticking along a few upgrades for performance and reliability. 2.5” straight through exhaust, boost tapped at 14lbs.

I have been looking at upping the fueling based on some of the awesome information on here. I have increased the main fuel screw two turns clockwise (winding in) and I haven’t seen any performance impact. EGT remains the same, about 550-580c on a heat saturated hill climb, no additional smoke, I haven’t noticed a difference in power.

It was wired shut, so I’m pretty sure it was as per the factory floor settings. Do I still keep winding it up in increments, or should I be looking at something else first; something obvious I’m missing?

Cheers

Hi,

I'm adjusting this one:

Cheers

Thanks, maybe that's what I am doing wrong.. Everything else I have read on this forum suggests it is clockwise direction. Lock nut anti clockwise, fuel screw in clockwise. No adjustable controller. A boost tee before the actuator set to provide up to 14lbs. Measured with a auberins EGT + boost combo

Seems weird you screwed it in 2 times and did nothing. I turned mine 1/2 then another quarter so 3/4 total and it made a huge difference.

I’m at 14psi as well, stock exhaust on a full rebuilt engine/IP/injectors and turbo and she runs pretty peppy. My EGTs (Auber dual guage) can push up to. 700c plus pushing a hill and pushing on it. Before I messed with fuel it would barely go above 1000f.

Seems weird you screwed it in 2 times and did nothing. I turned mine 1/2 then another quarter so 3/4 total and it made a huge difference.

I’m at 14psi as well, stock exhaust on a full rebuilt engine/IP/injectors and turbo and she runs pretty peppy. My EGTs (Auber dual guage) can push up to. 700c plus pushing a hill and pushing on it. Before I messed with fuel it would barely go above 1000f.

Thanks. Ive been adjusting a quarter turn at a time, battery and airhorns in and out 8 times now.

Confirming it is a screw in - clockwise not out?

Cheers

Battery out? The screw is near the top of the pump, I screwed mine in all the way, goes good now.

thanks Hulsty, your posts have been what I’m referencing. I’ll keep screwing it in and see how I get on. It’s 24v if that makes a difference? I cant get in there without removing the second bat and the horns

image.jpg

The fuel screw is on the top right hand side of the pump here?

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom