BJ73 Door tops Removed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I removed the door tops, roof and went topless..... shame it then rained....

My question is, what goes in the holes left in the rear doors and sides when the window tops/roof is off.

I found some rubber bits with a metal bracket (numbered 1-4) in the wheel arch/glove box which neatly fit into the front door holes left when you remove the front door tops. What am I missing from the kit for the back doors and sides etc??

Thanks
Simon

bj73.JPG

Here's the diagram that's inside the factory storage pouch for rubber covers.

Looks like you are missing A, B, C, and D for the rear doors.

image.jpg

Hi,
Thanks for this I have the part numbers now but Toyota in the UK can only supply 3 of the 4 I need, the 4th one is on back-order and may or may not show up?? so if anyone has a set or A-D then I would be very interested... Simon

Check your PM inbox please

So the window frames for both the front and rear doors can be removed? So no cutting was done here? I have
a BJ74 and want to take the roof off. Would these be the same?

Not all vehicles have this provision. The upper frames will be black as opposed to body color and there will be rubber plugs in the lower doors to access the bolts that hold the upper frames in place. Probably not on a BJ74.

Thanks, I've done a lot more looking and realize that now. Will have to check mine when I get home.
I've seen a slope back soft top on one 74. Does anyone know of soft top of more conventional shape?
If you do, do you have a link to source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom