BJ70 tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers

post ho
Threads
was there someone that needed a rust free 70 series tub?
i sold the one i had but i thought i remembered a couple other guys looking for one...
cheers

crushers said:
was there someone that needed a rust free 70 series tub?
i sold the one i had but i thought i remembered a couple other guys looking for one...
cheers

What you got ?

I am as you are aware from my questions to you. Don't know if I can do anything this year about that or will have to wait for next year and see what happens with the finances and job and where I will be living and.... but maybe keep me in mind. Woud be interested in maybe a 73/74 frame/body swap or maybe even a 70 soft top.

I have a 70 series tub in very good shape that is right hand drive. I would be wiling to part with it (too many projects that I am already behind on). If anyone is interested PM me.

Cheers,

Michael

it seems like i will be parting out another LJ71 RHD. this is a rust free, dent free tub. if interested please shoot me an email to
wayne@crushersrule.com
cheers

Wayne, i need a 70 frame if you have one. I'm in Fort Mac., for another couple weeks and heading home to Van. Island, could pop on into Calgary and pick one up if you have one.
Thanks
Cheers!
Dan
780-714-9191
250-514-6326

Dan,
the problem is that the LJ71 is coil suspension and the CDM is leaf BUT if you want a smoother ride and do a bit of work you could fit the LJ frame under the BJ and get lower gears to boot. "lighter" duty axles though they seem to stand up in the minis no problem...
cheers

I do have access to linkages and heims. Could be a little work fabbing up, and interesting swap.
I'll email you, and see if we can arrange something.
Cheers
Dan

Hey Dan, is that you in the suede black -60? I was up there last week and saw it running around. I also saw another cruiser on the hiway between there and Edmonton.

-Kevin

Hey Kev, the black 84'BJ60 belongs to a guy named Rod-good guy, he's supposed to show me around the local muskeg holes here sometime... I'm from Van. island... did i mention i hate mud!
I've got a 2 toned flat black lower and grey 60 with a couple Michelin XL's as spares on the roof-can't miss it... I've found a small following of Cruiserheads here, a few FJ's, a couple wagons, a BJ70, a 74 and 42's.
Anyhow, if you see me rippin' around pull me over we'll chat.
Cheers!

Rigpig said:
I do have access to linkages and heims.

Heims are not strictly 'legal' for on road use in suspension or steering components, especially in BC. You could probably get away with it in Alberta, however. I believe this is because Heims tend to fail catastophically with little warning, whereas bushings and tie rod ends will typically give you lots of notice of their impending doom. I've never seen a failed TRE where there wasn't plenty of evidence of it's inevitable failure. I did see Marc Ritchie blow a heim joint on the Rubicon while motoring along a tame section of dirt road with absolutely no indication that the part was about to fail.

Peter Straub

Rigpig said:
I do have access to linkages and heims. Could be a little work fabbing up, and interesting swap.
I'll email you, and see if we can arrange something.
Cheers
Dan
or you could buy the frame AND axles and save yourself a ton of work...

Hey Wayne, Can ny roomate and I come take a look at the tub and your selection of Cruisers
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom