BJ70 steel rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody know what the stock rim size is on a mid-80's BJ70? 16"???
Mike in PA

Hi Mike:

Okay...you have the same setup as I do. I also run the Terrain Tamer kit on my BJ74.

Basically, from what I gather, Offset = Rear Spacing (aka. backspace) - (Total Wheel Width/2).

My OEM 16" steel wheels are 6.5" in width and have a backspacing of 3.75". So, according to the formula, the OEM offset would be +0.5".

For a 15x10 wheel to have a Zero offset, the Rear Spacing will have to be 5"...and that will definitely be a problem. In order to maintain at least a 3.5" back space, you will need a 15x10" wheel with an offset of -1.5". Doing this will make your wheels/tires stick out nearly 3.7" more than the stock configuration. HTH.

Don't know if he is right but he says 16". From thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=42267&highlight=wheel+size

Thanks, Chris. That's what I was suspecting, a 16" rim.
Mike

Oops! I spoke too soon on this!!!
A buddy from Atlanta who owns an 87 BJ70 called last night and straightened us all out. The BJ's in Japan and possibly other places in the east came equipped with 16" rims Us/we here in the USA got our's with 15 inchers.
Of course they mostly all came through Canada and none had a/c.
That is your Toyota history lesson for today! :skull:
Mike in PA

There are so many great toys and options we cant get. Thanks for the info.

Us/we here in the USA got our's with 15 inchers.
Of course they mostly all came through Canada
Mike in PA

Can't say I have ever seen or heard of a deisel Cruiser actually made for the US market. Canada yes...... but not here. All must be imports.....:crybaby:

Now the US did get the 2L Deisel in Hilux pickups in the early 80's.. both 2 and 4WD... but they are a DOG....

Can't say I have ever seen or heard of a deisel Cruiser actually made for the US market. Canada yes...... but not here. All must be imports.....:crybaby:

Now the US did get the 2L Deisel in Hilux pickups in the early 80's.. both 2 and 4WD... but they are a DOG....

yeap, no ''b'' or ''h'' any thing for us south of the border. i've never seen a 4wd 2L. i did pass on a 2wd truck awhile ago, i kinda regret that move.

I saw the only 2L 4X4 while I was n Florida a few years ago... shoulda bought it. '84 extra cab 4WD 2L with low miles and minimum rust.... rare bird.. all the others I have seen were 2WD...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom