BJ70 Cooling mystery solved! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stuck with a mech temp.. one long lead was a pita to route but thought it might be more accurate and less prone to fluctuations.

Still I'm glad you found out it was nothing :)

Hey, curious as to what the cruiser dyno'd at? I was at my local diesel shop to get emissions testing done on the wifes TDI and I noticed they had a dyno and will do fuel adjustments accoring to power and emissions.. basically whatever you want. I might have to get it dyno'd once I put on a turbo.. That ought to be intersting... Also the shop logo is the basis for my avitar :grinpimp:

if youre talking HP, It dyno'd at 100 RWHP....that was at 9lbs and stock fuel adjustment....I figure I prolly added 25-30 HP going back to 13lbs and cranking up my fuel 1.5 turns....sure has allot more jam

Very cool Brett :)

I am glad you finally got it solved. So you will be at Pismo this year? If so I will see you there. I am taking my ragtop and Jan is brining his 70 series as well.

Cheers,

Michael

Wild oil pressure gauge here, good for a laugh. The needle got bent on the return peg after being fully wound out from the pressure relief valve in the pump croaking. Have seen the speedo wound down past the numbers in the H.S.V. but this was a first of anything in the cruiser.
rainforrest067.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:

You know, I've always raved about the WesTach gauges. When equiping my van, I broke down and purchased Autometer, mostly because they were easy to find at a local shop, and the preponderance of people recommending them on this list.

Within 1 week, the pyro gauge is doing the funky chicken. Wiggling and wobbling all over the place. It seems to settle in on the acutall temp when under throttle, but at idle, the thing is in a full on grand mal siezure 80% of the time. Very frustrating.

So, Anyone want to buy a s***ty and somewhat useless set of autometer gauges. Tranny Temp, Boost and Pyro. I am ordering up a set of Westachs. The only problem I've had with them in 4 years is when my little tires rip the wires out of the senders. And just ask Herb P about their customer service..
http://birfield.com/modules.php?name=Archives&p=/archives/html/dtlc/2004-02/msg00230.html
Many of their gauges are approved for use in general aviation, so you gotta know that their quality is amung the very best. Their a little family owned business out of Sonoma CA.

www.westach.com

Peter (Just a happy customer) Straub

tlcruiserman said:
Very cool Brett :)

I am glad you finally got it solved. So you will be at Pismo this year? If so I will see you there. I am taking my ragtop and Jan is brining his 70 series as well.

Cheers,

Michael

Yep..I'll be there Friday afternoon...see U then!

Behemoth60 said:
Many of their gauges are approved for use in general aviation, so you gotta know that their quality is amung the very best. Their a little family owned business out of Sonoma CA.

www.westach.com

Peter,

I've heard you rave about these guys before...I think this is now one of my winter projects...all new Westach gauges. For what little I spent on these crappy Autofawker gauges and considering the overall value of protecting a larger investment, I think it's worth ditching them

Behemoth60 said:
Many of their gauges are approved for use in general aviation, so you gotta know that their quality is amung the very best. Their a little family owned business out of Sonoma CA.www.westach.com

If I had not been in a such a hurry to get gauges for my truck I would have tried Westach for sure. That said, I've not any issues with my Autometer yet...

Of course now I will...

:D

gb

isspro or Westach, I hate my stewart warners, I;m gonna ditch em next year!

I just want to mention one thing about autometer guages they sell both cheap crappy gauges and more expensive much better gauges. Now I can not speak to what level of guages folks are having problems with but I can say that I buy ones that are the prices as some of the other ones mentioned (more than the cheap ones) and I have not run into a problem with them yet. I think the old saying is accuate "you get what you pay for". Not trying to advertise for or agaist any gauge manufacturer just reporting my experience.

Cheers,

Michael

I havne't had a problem with mine knock on wood. My temp is a mech which I figuered would be better than ele. I also did call autometer and ask them what would hold up to real 4 wheeling and bouncing around on rough roads. They told me the silver line was best suited. just me exp too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom