BJ60 Rear Under-Seat Heater (No Power) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,

Ever since I did my body swap my rear heater does not have power. I'm sure I've just not plugged something in or something silly like that, but I've listed the truck for sale and this is one outstanding issue that I'd like to resolve for the next owner.

I do not have any power at the dash switch.

I do not have any power at the motor itself.

I've run 12v to the motor via a bypass and it runs fine.

I'm wondering if there is a relay somewhere for this unit.

The two large fuses in the fuse box (roundish) are functioning properly, one being for the front heater and the other for defrost.

The three pictures attached show:

1. Dash wiring:
- Left side of connector: Blue with black stripe, and two white with black striped wires, one being larger than the other.

2. Connector at floor heater:
- Two blue with black striped wires...large(ish).

3. Under Dash by fusebox:
- One white with black stripe wire going to ground under a 10mm bolt.
- One smaller white with black stripe wire hanging unplugged.

NOTE: It's this last smaller hanging white with black stripe wire that's not plugged in that I'm wondering about. I've looked everywhere under there for a home for it but have come up empty handed. I'm also not entirely certain if the larger white wire under the 10mm bolt is indeed a ground wire...it has an oem round end on it which gives the impression that it is for a ground.

Anyways, wondering if any of you have either a wiring diagram or can see something that I'm missing to make this work again.

Cheers!

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

When I cleaned out my rear heater earlier this year I thought I had missed something in the dash wiring also as the rear heater motor would not come on. Pulled the switch panel again and found, like you, all was in order. After several power and ground wire checks it occurred to me that the rear heater motor only comes on with the front fan in the on position. Easily overlooked but frustrating at the same time. Check to see if you get 12v at the rear motor switch on the dash when the front motor is on.
Hope that is all it is.

When I cleaned out my rear heater earlier this year I thought I had missed something in the dash wiring also as the rear heater motor would not come on. Pulled the switch panel again and found, like you, all was in order. After several power and ground wire checks it occurred to me that the rear heater motor only comes on with the front fan in the on position. Easily overlooked but frustrating at the same time. Check to see if you get 12v at the rear motor switch on the dash when the front motor is on.
Hope that is all it is.

I...Love...You!!!

Seriously, I never knew that before. Just went outside and sure enough it fires right up when I turned the front blower on!

Thank you so very much :). I've spent at least 4hrs investigating this and all along it worked right under my nose!

Cheers!

Awesome man. Bet you never forget that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom