BJ60 OME Heavy Install on Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I finally decided to get the OME heavy kit from Cruiser Outfitters. Kit installed smoothly even without instructions. A quick search on mud to make certain the A rear spring was supposed to go on the drivers side and that was about all that was needed.

The ride is great. I was worried that it wouldn't lift it enough for my tastes, but I have to say I am pleased with the height. For those of you who have read up on other OME installs, the slight rake (aka stinkbug) is no surprise. Also, the driver side is slightly higher (about 1/2"). I'm a lightweight, so this probably doesn't change when I get in :)

I knew about the A/B rear springs before hand. I did not know about the CS005F's for the front diesel applications. Very minor, and easy to correct with the addition of D1XL leafs. Time will tell whether I'd get two of the same rear springs or not.

Pros:
- Good height
- Excellent ride
- Didn't have to pay duty or GST because my brother picked it up and was in the states for a week!

Cons:
- No extended brake lines included.
- Shocks did not come with new bolts and washers.
- OMEGP1 did not come with new locating or whatever bolts.
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0007.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. :cheers:

After I put 14 hours and all that money in my OME it leaned like that too. I just about went nutz..Really hard to believe that ARB is still going on with that A and B spring deal. I sent back and got another A.

some say it will settle..Mine might have settled a quarter inch while I stormed around waiting for the replacement spring, but, it settled equally on both sides still ending up low on the passenger side..And why would you expect it to only "settle" on the drivers side anyway?

How many leaves front and rear on the medium?

Stink bug = good

After I put 14 hours and all that money in my OME it leaned like that too. I just about went nutz..Really hard to believe that ARB is still going on with that A and B spring deal. I sent back and got another A.

some say it will settle..Mine might have settled a quarter inch while I stormed around waiting for the replacement spring, but, it settled equally on both sides still ending up low on the passenger side..And why would you expect it to only "settle" on the drivers side anyway?

How did your double A's on the back work out?

The A spring was noticeably different to install than the B (shorter/more arch?). I had to do various stuff, like compress it with a jack under to get it bolted up, whereas the B spring just lined right up without any effort.

Not to high jack..but. the Passenger side A spring slipped right in. No twisting and prying. Of course had to use the floor jack to move it up and down. but no problem pinning it etc. Sits level now. Has been on a year w/ no settling. Made me a much happier camper..Hell My rig did not "lean" before the lift. It sat down a little in the ass but no lean..

I re-measured mine, and the rear is pretty level at its current resting spot.

Rear measures: 35 1/2" driver, and 35 1/4" passenger (from ground to fender)

Front measures: 35 3/4" driver, and 35" passenger

It's too early to make any conclusions as I've only driven it twice since I did the install on Saturday.

I re-measured mine, and the rear is pretty level at its current resting spot.

Rear measures: 35 1/2" driver, and 35 1/4" passenger (from ground to fender)

Front measures: 35 3/4" driver, and 35" passenger

It's too early to make any conclusions as I've only driven it twice since I did the install on Saturday.

Yeah that's pretty close. Might not be a issue.

Mine was off a full inch. the Passenger side was so low it pulled the drivers side front corner up. After raising the rear passenger corner it pushed the drivers side front corner down into position.

Just a note on measuring. The guys at ARB had me measure from the center of the hub up to the center of the wheel well. I assume that negates any effect a slack tire would have on the measurement..and I also think that would accurately tell you how much over stock you were.

What, you may ask, would that measurement be on a fresh stock suspension? Uh, I dunno nor do I know who would know...but it makes sense to use those parameters for the measurements to see if it was equal distance or not at the four corners and front to back.. ..

Just a note on measuring. The guys at ARB had me measure from the center of the hub up to the center of the wheel well. I assume that negates any effect a slack tire would have on the measurement..and I also think that would accurately tell you how much over stock you were.

What, you may ask, would that measurement be on a fresh stock suspension? Uh, I dunno nor do I know who would know...but it makes sense to use those parameters for the measurements to see if it was equal distance or not at the four corners and front to back.. ..

I have understood by reading on here that stock the front measurement is 19" and the rear 18" (centre of wheel to bottom of fender).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom