BJ60 erratic temp and fuel gauges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had a temperature gauge that, for now, inaccurately went past H, and at the same time a fuel gauge that went off the chart while driving? No rhyme or reason that I can gather. The gauges, depending on their mood, may stay there for a long, long while, and at other times may drop back to normal after a few moments. I've learned to expect it from time to time and ignore it, even though it still makes my heart skip a beat when I first glance down at it.
My question is the source of the problem? If you have come across this, was a gauge swap out the remedy, or thermostat etc.. Seems an electrical issue since the fuel gauge seems to correspond, but stranger things have happened. It's a factory 3B, 12 volt system.
Cheers for any information,

If you have bad earth inside the dash fascia , it can cause weird goings on with gauges etc. From memory there is some contacts at the back which earth when you assemble it.

Has anyone had a temperature gauge that, for now, inaccurately went past H, and at the same time a fuel gauge that went off the chart while driving? No rhyme or reason that I can gather. The gauges, depending on their mood, may stay there for a long, long while, and at other times may drop back to normal after a few moments. I've learned to expect it from time to time and ignore it, even though it still makes my heart skip a beat when I first glance down at it.
My question is the source of the problem? If you have come across this, was a gauge swap out the remedy, or thermostat etc.. Seems an electrical issue since the fuel gauge seems to correspond, but stranger things have happened. It's a factory 3B, 12 volt system.
Cheers for any information,
If you have bad earth inside the dash fascia , it can cause weird goings on with gauges etc. From memory there is some contacts at the back which earth when you assemble it.
Thanks Rosco, A dash disassemble is long overdue. I've other gremlins to tackle back there, so I'll check the earth connection(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom