bj60 donor vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am trying to import an 81 bj60 for a conversion into a fj60 under the 25 yr rule. anyboby w/ actual experience that can answer a few questions? i have read the importation threads in the diesel forum but there isnt much info on the 25 yr exemption.thanks

I am far from an expert, but I believe you can bring in a vehicle for parts as long as the chassie and or body is classified unrepairable or totaled. I have heard it can be as little as cutting a chunk out of the frame. You need the specifics form the border where it will be brought across. There is a little left up to interpretation by the inspectors.

25yr rule applies to registration and emissions not import.

i have arranged to purchase one already. i will transplant the drivetrain into my 85fj60 or90 fj62.i need to know what documentation i will need, what import charges i will incur.are there any delivery options other than hauling a trailer up there?i just want to have my ducks in a row before i go. do the different canadian provinces have different export rules.

cody, thanks for the heads-up on the 3b but i think i will be better off with a complete donor rig side-by- side rather than try to source diesel-specific parts , wiring, guages etc.

I may be confused but....here in CA the 25 yr emmissions exemption rule applies to the vehicle being registered not the parts being transplanted.
Am I off base here?
The other caviat (which I think is specific here) is the parts need to be newer than the vehicle.

Its pretty easy, use a Registered Importer they do all the paperwork, put some stickers on the inside of the door and on the engine block itself, mine cost about 400. I didn't have to pay much import tax due to the low price of the rig.

Are you physically driving it over, or having it shipped?

OH BTW there is no 25 year rule for diesels made for the canadian market. We have the same federal emission and safety standards they do and any vehicle made for their market is legally importable. Don't try and get the "toyota letter" they will just give you the runaround.

I used Wayne Darby at Carco in BC , they may be able to help.

Where is your rig coming from?

this is a good website.

Importing a Toyota Diesel From Canada

If I were you I'd try to get an 83 or 84 with a 5spd. they're around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom