BJ60 diesel with combustion in the antifreeze... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my baby has a problem, I understand the cause of this would be the head gasket, head, or fingers crossed the block. Has anyone gone through the process of fixing this type of thing, I have access to a shop with everything and a mechanic brother. If anyone has any hints I could pass on that would be awesome! Also any recommendations on where to get the parts, oh and I have had trouble finding a Chilton that explains the diesel BJ60s. Thanks!

Well, I'm a noob of the first order myself, but over in the Diesel Forum there is a sticky thread with online manuals - you can get the entire B series engine manual for free on a PDF (!) ... that is, if you're not struggling with a dial-up connection.

This is the link:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/184462-online-manuals.html

There are LOTS more manuals available, as you'll see... pretty much the best thread ever.

Cheers, and though it's not really my place to say so, welcome!:flipoff2: Oh yeah, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not the block....

Thanks! I just discovered that and am downloading as we speak, 1 hour and 20 min to go!

Chances are it's the head. 3B's are known to crack the head. In fact most original heads are probably cracked but not leaking. In the 3 3B's that I've torn into all had cracked heads. One I knew was bad but the others were unexpected.

Thanks, yeah it is funny because it first started acting up last winter and I drove it from Nelson BC to Lethbridge AB without any trouble but it started spitting out it's antifreeze again so I had it checked out. Where did you get your new heads from? Thanks again!

new heads can be bought from Oz, i cant remember the dealer off hand. new high nickel heads run over a grand. It could be a cracked head gasket too, ive had that happen, head gaskets arent cheap either.
try posting in the diesel section though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom