BJ60 @ 90kph vs. Honda Civic - Another reason glad I drive a 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Look at it this way, you’ve probably had your heavy duty crash. Statistics say you probably
won’t have another. Look at them all, mine is 4+ from Dave in Arizona. Been on there almost
10 yrs now. Glad the local people are helping you out, look forward to pictures of new paint!

Thank you all for your advice! I will likely end up asking Trail Tailor about getting a nice bumper done up, to protect my rig for the years to come.

I'll update the thread once I hear from insurance; I'm currently waiting anxiously to see if (or, how quickly) they will shoot down my $8000 repair estimate...

On the bright side, I managed to hook a chain around the bumper and temporarily bend it back kinda into shape, and the 8274 spins again! (the winch mounting plate got bent so the winch wouldn't turn.) Now I just need to replace the solenoid pack.

You weight 5,000 lbs? That's heavy for a 60 series. I would not have swerved, just hit him head on with my ARB front bumper and see how that works out.

"Incidents" rarely portend a positive outcome. Years ago a BMW rear-ended my '85 FJ60 at about a 20mph. His bumper and hood were caved and he about cried as he was calling a tow truck. I drove away with a couple scratches on the rear bumper. Buena suerte with your repairs!

You weight 5,000 lbs? That's heavy for a 60 series. I would not have swerved, just hit him head on with my ARB front bumper and see how that works out.
Just a guess, but I do have the front winch, a custom rear bumper, as well as a bunch of recovery gear and other stuff in the rear, under a platform. One of these days I should weigh the thing, I've always been curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom