Builds BJ43 1979 “Save the beauty” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might feel the same way... I miss the directional guards and bumper mounted boxes

Yours and Peter W's trucks always stick out in my mind as the euro look cruisers

Super rig you got ... even if they done go back on :)

Peters rig for those who do not know Allen Greenspan aka dr do little

IMG_2389.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Very nice to receive positive words from IH8mud Members!

Where did you get the floor board covering? Photo in post #3

I got the insulation from this shop
Plaque d'insonorisation en bitume Vibrogum souple anti-bruit auto-adhésive (21110)

But you can get similar from 3M
http://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...und-Deadening-Pad?N=5002385+3293193969&rt=rud

You just need to warm it up, cut insulation according to oem style and your Inspiration , put a paper away and fix with a heat gun (or a hair dryer :)

IMG_3387.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_6796.JPG

One small North German company makes a replica for me. I gave them my old oem soft top as a reference.

Achtung baby! Very nice work mate :D

What happened here Andrey?

Were you just testing the brakes or did something seriously go wrong?

(It seems hard to believe that you intended to leave those nasty black tyre marks on your nice paved area. And without understanding your language, it appears to me that a swear word may have escaped from your lips. Ha ha.)

:)

Yep. I think that word is universal in all languages just like the digital salute when someone cuts you off while driving.

Carry on.

Fantastic job on the restoration. Great color, love all of the original bits that really make the difference in a high level restoration. Load some more photos if you are able, would like to see some of the other work done on this restoration.

Andrey,

Very nice work and very inspiring.

I just realized that your spare tire and wheel is mounted on the Right side, and mine is on the Left. While I knew that both choices were manufactured, I thought that LHD trucks had the spare on the Left so that it was easier to see out the rear window using the rear-vew mirror without the spare tire blocking the view.

Is yours standard for the European market and do you see any interference looking out your rear-view mirror?

Thanks a lot! Will try to load few more pictures on the process

To tstepp920 the hitch was nos oem from Patrick ( dieselbj42 ). Patrick is very reliable and has a lot of cool stuff
For Sale - PTO, new, genuine Toyota

The hitch is original
IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

That's a photo of mine hook from the Patrick's box
IMG_3807.JPG

To Bear the spare tires were differently located.

In Japan always left
In US Right until ~1978 and left after

~1978+
IMG_3816.JPG

In Europe soft top right and hard top left
IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

As of to driving... The spare tire location is not in my top five problems when I drive in a modern traffic :)

Last edited:
Thanks. I wonder why Europe required alternating spare tire locations if neither location impairs the rear view? I know that a very original LHD '79 FJ43 soft top from Saudi Arabia has the spare mounted on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom