bj42 running lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Non operational, good place to start looking. Did a search with no luck. 1983 bj42

non of them work?
do they come on when the headlight switch is pulled all the way out?

non of them work?
do they come on when the headlight switch is pulled all the way out?
Nothing when switch is half way pulled out, blinkers, brake lights work?

Your bj42 is 24v but the headlight are 12v , they take 12v between the two battery , maybe good to look there
Actually it draws off of one battery and the rest of the bulbs are all 24v, I think it may be the switch on the dash but its a bugger to get at..

do u have a 24V head lamp switch

or

a

12V one ?

both exist
All I know is the head lights are 12, I am assuming the wires off that switch would be 24 volt to two seperate relays? One being the 12 volt head lights and the other for running lights.

All I know is the head lights are 12, I am assuming the wires off that switch would be 24 volt to two seperate relays? One being the 12 volt head lights and the other for running lights.

you have your switch out > ? photos

or

PM me your FRAMED # and MODLE ID code off engine bay plate i can tell you 100% solid

you have your switch out > ? photos

or

PM me your FRAMED # and MODLE ID code off engine bay plate i can tell you 100% solid
Thanks Matt

the switches are NOT compatible

fyi .

do u have a lighted KNOB switch ?

3809A374-4CBA-44A3-9134-9D1E183EFA85 - Copy.jpeg
3809A374-4CBA-44A3-9134-9D1E183EFA85.jpeg
DSCN9941.JPG
led switch #4 .JPG

Your bj42 is 24v but the headlight are 12v , they take 12v between the two battery , maybe good to look there
My BJ42 have 24V headlights. Which version have 12V if 24V system?

Last edited:
My BJ42 have 24V headlights. Which version have 12V if 24V systemn?

i don't know

this is why i asked the question ...

i have had 12V light switch requests for a 40 series BJ in the past

that's all i know

the switches are NOT compatible

fyi .

do u have a lighted KNOB switch ?

View attachment 3274250View attachment 3274251View attachment 3274252View attachment 3274253

Canadian bj42 are set-up like this
Not from the factory when they were sold to Canada, owners have been known to change out the wiring and run the 24 volt head lights. I owned a cruiser company for many years and never seen 24 head lights in the bj42.
what about when the switch is pulled all the way out?
Still no running lights, I will pull the switch off the days and check it this weekend with a ohm test.

Not from the factory when they were sold to Canada, owners have been known to change out the wiring and run the 24 volt head lights. I owned a cruiser company for many years and never seen 24 head lights in the bj42.

Still no running lights, I will pull the switch off the days and check it this weekend with a ohm test.

I know, headlight are 12v , @-MaTTi- ask what version have 12v on a 24v system

- the PARKING first PULL step WILL be on a stand alone FUSE

- the HEAD LAMPS 2nd PULL WILL be on a 2nd stand alone FUSE

each fuse is 100% independent of each other

this IS a 24V head Lamps switch w/ lighted knob 84112-60030

- if a 12V switch ? several variations can be in place

the 24V example one here :

these are SUPER RARE ...

- i have a few pre-owned nice ones restored , and available if u need one

- NO , my NOS specimens collection one below is NOT for sale ,

thanks

KIMG2194.jpg
KIMG2195 (1).jpg

Makes sense, so I blinkers and brake lights work, running lights are a separate fuse to be clear? I was going to check continuity not ohms..haaa

Just found the fuse that looked good but was not, for some reason the fuse in that location was a 20 amp fuse and the cover shows a 15 amp fuse. Wonder if the po had some issues and bumped up the fuse. I will try the 15 amp and see how it lasts.

Much thanks for all the help, not much on mud anymore.

Rob:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom