bj42 lx 1984 zebra fabric (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi does any body know where to get the BJ42 LX zebra fabric from to recover front seats?
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=8872510[/url]
thanks Damien. :steer:

After searching for a few months without success I decided to contact some manufacturers. I found one that would reproduce the fabric. His schedule is 6 to 9 months out before he could make it.
Wanted to put some feelers out there to see if anyone else is interested

After searching for a few months without success I decided to contact some manufacturers. I found one that would reproduce the fabric. His schedule is 6 to 9 months out before he could make it.
Wanted to put some feelers out there to see if anyone else is interested
I certainly know a few people who have been looking for this fabric. Myself included.

Would definitely be interested in this. It is one of those unobainium things. I know Bambi Girl had possibly located a supplier in China who would have made it a few years back but he had to order 1000mtrs of it.

Here is where it stands right now.. The manufacturer is about 6 to 9 months backlogged. The fabric will be 60 inches wide, so it will be wide enough to do all across the front and rear bench with little waste. A full replacement of all seats should be around 3 yards( assuming they repeat the pattern every 24") he had guessed at around $200 a yard ( Once I start my restoration I will send him a seat to match colors and pattern and he will be able to get me a exact price) I will be tearing my cruiser down in a month a two.

Keep us updated mate sounds good :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Here is where it stands right now.. The manufacturer is about 6 to 9 months backlogged. The fabric will be 60 inches wide, so it will be wide enough to do all across the front and rear bench with little waste. A full replacement of all seats should be around 3 yards( assuming they repeat the pattern every 24") he had guessed at around $200 a yard ( Once I start my restoration I will send him a seat to match colors and pattern and he will be able to get me a exact price) I will be tearing my cruiser down in a month a two.
Hi,
I would be interested as well, thank you.

Any further updates on this

Hey sorry for digging up an old post but wondering if anyone ever found some zebra cloth??

Two and half years later, I have a shipping number on the fabric and will have pictures of the fabric posted on friday.

Hey that's awesome news! Good job mate, keep us updated.

Just got the fabric today. Here are pictures. I was hoping to be able to sell to more people but because the person who made the fabric screwed up on the amount of brown at the beginning and the end of the pattern I only have enough for 4 or 5 sets of seats. My upholstery guy will cut the blanks next week and let me know. So as of right now the cost will be $265 per yard of fabric and it takes about 4 yards.
IMG_20200228_130539026.jpg
IMG_20200228_130531680.jpg

Just got the fabric today. Here are pictures. I was hoping to be able to sell to more people but because the person who made the fabric screwed up on the amount of brown at the beginning and the end of the pattern I only have enough for 4 or 5 sets of seats. My upholstery guy will cut the blanks next week and let me know. So as of right now the cost will be $265 per yard of fabric and it takes about 4 yards. View attachment 2224376View attachment 2224378

Mate thats incredible. When you say you need 4 yards to do 4 or 5 sets of seats are you talking front and back, or just fronts??

The fabric looks nearly identical, how do you think it compares in real life??

Mate thats incredible. When you say you need 4 yards to do 4 or 5 sets of seats are you talking front and back, or just fronts??

The fabric looks nearly identical, how do you think it compares in real life??
It takes 4 yards to do front and back, I am tring to work out the problem with the mill. I may be able to get the price down. I will keep you updated.
I think the fabric looks great, colors and pattern are perfect. The picture does make it look a bit off, the first photo is a little better. That is also my drivers seat, which is not the cleanest.

I finally have everything worked out, the mill replaced the loss of cloth. So in measuring it takes 1 and a third yards to do a row of seat and back with new cloth. The upholsterer will have my seats completed this week hopefully and I will post those pictures then.

Yeah I'm still interested. I'm guessing you live in Aus if you have an LX??
I'd only be interested in enough to do the fronts as I dont have rear seats. I have bucket driver seat and passenger seat is the bench seat. All still original.
Post up some pictures and a price when yours are done and I should be right to go.

I'm a bit nervous blowing money on stuff with the virus playing havoc on jobs but I rekon I'd still go ahead with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom