BJ42 is here, finally... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My AUS spec 83' BJ42 LX has the 3 wipers, H55F, A/C...all the bells and whistles I guess and has front disk as well, but my friend just bought a AUS spec 82' BJ42 LX which has all the same interior pieces as mine except A/C and has 4 speed, has 2 wipers only as well, has no front windshield holddowns on hood(neither does mine, no rollbar...... They also made FJ40 LX's from what I have seen..

R

hi mate

unfortunatly, as far as my experience goes, im not wrong.
NO BJ42 LX's came with 4 speeds. bj42's that are not LX's had a 4 speed and option on 5 speed.

BTW, its very easy to put the LX badges on a vehicle that is not an LX, ( dealers do this in australia regularly with other vehicles)

the things that make an LX are the options that came standard, not the ability to have everything as an option, this

bj42 lx's...
3 wipers
striped seat trim
power steering
6 seats
plastic trimming in the rear of the cabin, and roof.
sliding rear windows
trimming on the rear barn doors
LX badges ( common with at least the 73 series trucks from 85 onward)
optional AC

any other trucks other than the above in the bj42 series are abominations,

:)
Jes

Jes,

I'm no Land Cruiser expert. I bought a BJ42LX a few months ago that has all the items you list (except "trimming on the barn doors", whatever that is). It also has a 4-speed transmssion - something I'm looking into switching over to 5-speed.

Roberto,

As the owner of an 84 FJ40 LX with air con, 5 speed and power steering, I can verify that they did make the LX with a 2F:)

Cheers,

Josh

I wonder how many BJ42 LX's have two wipers because at some point someone left the hood catches undone.... and well- a two wiper windscreen surround was easier to find than a 3?

I've got an Aus 82 BJ42, 4 speed, factory power steering, factory front disc/rear drum, and... LX striped seats in the front:D (obviously not original)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom