BJ42 Build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kling-on

Kool Arrow
Threads
Website
www.texas4x4.org
BJ42_010.sized.jpg

Well I started gettin parts for my 1982 BJ42

IMG_1034.sized.jpg

H55 out of a low milage BJ60

IMG_1041.sized.jpg

old school ARB bull bar:grinpimp:

IMG_1047.sized.jpg

8274 :bounce:

I also have 33 1250r15 KM2 a 2 in lift kit and a turbo

BJ42_014.sized.jpg

I hope to have it all on by round up ... but first step replace the blown up rear diff and fix a the exhauts leak ..... then bumper.... I'll keep ya'll posted as I go

I am jealous of your bumper, I've always wanted one. Can't wait to see where this build goes.

I am jealous of your bumper, I've always wanted one. Can't wait to see where this build goes.

I thought I would never find one ... but I got it on here from the wanted section:grinpimp:...also adding FJ60 P/s and have the motor side parts for A/C;)

where's the action photos???

Never got it offroad yet first trip out the rear diff blew up :frown: your camper is my inspiration for this build

attachment.php

attachment.php

this is what I hope to have it lookin like some day.. Ilove the rack and pakitop

Last edited:
I thought I would never find one ... but I got it on here from the wanted section:grinpimp:...also adding FJ60 P/s and have the motor side parts for A/C;)

:hmm: I will have to give that a try then. I think you made the right choice by going with the 60 series power steering.

Well I have finely gotten the time to work on the BJ and found out why the rear diff failed .... It's full of water ... And mud :lol: Pics later

kling thanks for the pic of my 40...glad you like it. so how about pics on what your progress..we love pics..

Wish I had some updates but all I have done is buy parts ... The diff swap is the first time I got to work on it in months... My 60's been eating up what little free time I have. Nexted month it's going to get the h55 and p/s installed by Wimberly 4WD. With 3 kids the big projects will never get done so I farmed it out.

Nice rig, I like the shot with the FJ Cruiser wheels....what are the tires on there?

Doc
Those are 16 inch rims from 4Runner spare tires-steel rims and i have 9.00x16 military tires .

Kling i also have to put on mine the fj-60 PS box...but family 1 then the toys...will keep an eye here to check your nice 40...:beer:

Kling-ey:

One suggestion I might have if you can come up with the scratch, is to ceramic coat that manifold (and possibly turbine housing). We did that on the 40/3B/turbo and after a hard drive I can almost touch the manifold and turbine housing, but as soon as my hand gets near the plain steel exhaust it is HOT.

I'm honestly amazed at how well it keeps the underhood temperatures down. Impressed enough that I think I need to start budgeting for my 1HZ manifold to get ceramic coated for just that reason.

You'll love it with the turbo, either way. Ours is still not turned up much, and it's like driving a hot rod, a sweet sounding efficient hot rod. ;) You'll also love the 60 series steering. Our 40 had factory PS, and was in pretty good shape, but we still converted to 60 series, and it is amazing. With only a tape measure rough alignment it drives straighter than any other vehicle in the family (including some newer IFS vehicles).

Dan

Mmmmmm rust
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg

photo.jpg

when we pulled the head we found cracked swerl cups ... good thing we pulled it these buggers fallin in the motor would been bad

photo1.jpg

head looks great down here

photo5.jpg

I don't think the valve springs should look like this fightte

photo2.jpg

lower end looks great walls are clean

Picture_024.jpg

go the FJ60 p/s convertion done

Picture_025.jpg

whoo hoo no more bell crank

photo3.jpg

swapped out the column with a pre79 so the firewall bearing would work

photo4.jpg

swapped all the guts and keeped the cool steering wheel

What did you use for the intermediate shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

What did you use for the intermediate shaft?

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Stock FJ60 with a hybrid 40/60 shaft in the steering column

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom