BJ41 24V Blower Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working my way through my BJ41. The blower motor wasn't working and after I took it apart I found a couple of the windings are broken. Has anyone rebuilt one of the these by replacing the windings or should I just find a rebuild shop? The brushes and bearings look ok.
blower.jpg

Calling around today and it seems all the local alternator and generator repair shops don't rebuild anymore. I'll start looking in San Antonio and Houston but if anyone has a used one or know a shop that will rebuild (rewind the armature) let me know. Not in a hurry, just want to have it for next winter. Thanks.

There are shops that still do general rewinds of electric motors, coils etc etc. Google "electric motor rewinds" and your area. The reason you are probably not having much luck is that you are looking in the automotive field.

I rewound one by hand about 12 years ago... a few nights in front of the TV got it done. Make sure you pay close attention to how the windings hook up before you pull it apart.

Alternatively, a used one would be a good bet.

~John

Are the spots where the windings are broken accessable? If so and anything else fails, maybe you can repair them by carefully s c r aping them clean and soldering a piece of wire alongside the broken one.

I once did a field repair on an alternator like this just to get the guy home from the south of France.
Even had to use a piece of flat iron heated by a torch as a soldering iron ;)
Two years later I found out he was still driving with that repaired alternator so it might work for you as well. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom