BJ40 Wiring Harness & Connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a BJ40 in Costa Rica that I am wanting to replace all the wiring on. The car is all original. I am not a mechanic but I have one in CR. I read that wiring kits require the reuse of original connectors. Being a novice, I am assuming this means using new OEM connectors and not the 40+ year old connectors?? If I were to buy a kit and wanted to have all new connectors is a kit for a FJ40 easily adaptable to a BJ40 (SOR FJ40 kit)? Or is it better to buy a Painless universal kit? And how can I find out all of the connectors I need to buy?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. We have pretty good local stock of connectors and such in Costa Rica, but being a novice I dont know if there are any odd ball connectors that may not be available new...

Thank you in advance!

You’ll have better luck getting help in the diesel tech section

download (1).jpg

@ToyotaMatt ”all original” feels like it might call for a NOS OEM wiring harness. 🤔

i sold that complete NOS one ............

i have a sweet 1982 one but its pre-owned .

pm me for details

As an aside, I was cutting out my rusty glove box of my 12/78 BJ40 last weekend, and unfortunately put my grinder through most of my loom (around 35 wires - most approx 3mm diameter, 3 around 5mm). It's a clean cut, so I'm wondering what's the best way to repair. Simple bullet fittings, a couple of automotive electrical connectors (4 pin up to 9 pin), or should I just solder and shrink wrap each wire? It's inside the cab, so not likely to get wet anytime soon. The main issue being its a straight cut, so any final result is going to cause a bulky package. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom