BJ40 Timing Cover Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can get a timing cover gasket for a BJ40? Or a whole engine gasket kit for that matter...wouldn’t mind having them ‘all’ on hand for the future. Thanks

I’m not sure how to find that out. I have a frame number, but I’ve never been able to find a Vin number (I think that is what’s needed to figure out the exact production date?). All of the plates that would have it have been removed. The North Carolina DMV gave it a new number when it was imported. If there’s another way to find that out though, let me know when I can check it out.

frame number is BJ40-006681

Do you know for sure if its the original engine? Some plastic and electrical parts have a time and date on them.

Im pretty sure my 77 Costa Rican BJ40 cover has the same part number as my 82 3B from a 40. I can confirm tomorrow if needed.

Do you know for sure if its the original engine? Some plastic and electrical parts have a time and date on them.
I can’t say 100%, but the engine block number seems to be from the same period. I’ll check the plastic/electrical parts. Thanks for the tip.

Im pretty sure my 77 Costa Rican BJ40 cover has the same part number as my 82 3B from a 40. I can confirm tomorrow if needed.
Yeah! That would be great. Let me know please. Thank you!

1136FF10-6A6E-4166-A9A1-F7DD985B8523.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom