BJ40 Spares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help!!!! :eek:

My father has purchased two BJ40's which are in need of restoration (yes, he has now officially gone nuts :rolleyes:). His personal mechanic, ie me, has been tasked to source the necessary bits n' pieces to get them roadworthy again (I obviously dont have enough to do already :hmm:).

Can anyone out there direct me to a good website or source of parts for these machines. Body panels appear to be most in demand as both vehicles appear to be in good mechanical order. They are particularly in need of front fenders (aka "wings" here in Ireland :)).

Thanks for your time.........

THe BJ's and FJ's are virtually the same except engine and some electrical(Canadian BJ's are 24volt). Suspension uses a larger 38mm spring hanger pin,etc. Cool Cruisers of Texas has a extension selection of sheetmetal parts. 4wheelauto.com in Canada has probably the largest selection of diesel specific parts(mainly mechanical). Good luck

agree with Diesel42, 4wheelauto, and SOR has and getting more diesel parts now, sheetmetal is the same

Roberto

Hi All:

What year of BJ40s are these rigs? What market are they from (Canada? Guatemala? Pakistan?)

Be aware that there were some major changes in body tub design in the 1979 model year. Major suspension changes began in August 1980. Drive train and brake system changes were more gradual, depending upon the particular market the vehicle was sold in.

Regards,

Alan

dude....for fenders, try toyota! i have 2 BRAND NEW sets of fenders in my shop right now, one set for the old mans BJ42 and another for the FJ45 we're going to restore....i dont know how many are still around but it cost us about $500 for a set of 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom