BJ40 jump seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s the question/Cliff Notes?

Do you have info that would give an actual build date by the VIN? Looks like the late BJ40LV-KCs did not have the bolt in center dash panel after 10/82. But seeing these have the same transmission boot and inspection change 10/82 with the same parts numbers as BJ42s with a four speed. Also not sure the roll bar was installed at the factory without a J in the model. The base of the rack separating the front from the back looks very well done as possible special order option? To my knowledge in the US we were not allowed to order a general market 40 series once we had our own model? Possible that in Italy private individuals could order general markets cruisers? Last question a W at the end of the model number stood for Europe?

This is a BJ40 not a BJ42? Interesting I do not find a BJ40 listing for Europe after 7/80. I know a few markets got the BJ40 for a couple years later 7/80. Know some countries in Asia and possibly Portugal but didn't see Italy getting a BJ40 that late. 83 would also have five speed in a BJ42.
Definitely a BJ40. I bought it from the second owner who has owned it since 1986. The second owner stated that the vehicle was originally sold by an Italian dealership. What source are you using to see where the vehicles are sold?

That car is such an odd ball but everything looks factory on it, including the pto lever for the year, At a guess this BJ40 would of had rear seats from factory but would of had those seats removed at the dealership and thrown away for the same reason it would of had the pto winch fitted, does it have plastic panels lining the inside at the back?

That car is such an odd ball but everything looks factory on it, including the pto lever for the year, At a guess this BJ40 would of had rear seats from factory but would of had those seats removed at the dealership and thrown away for the same reason it would of had the pto winch fitted, does it have plastic panels lining the inside at the back?
It actually has the rear seats but they were never installed. Can’t answer whether there are plastic panels lining the back yet as the vehicle is en route to Canada now via a ship. The roll bar is an after market one that was installed mid 80’s. Once I receive the vehicle I will hopefully be able to figure out a way to have the jump seats installed without tossing the roll bar. It’s certainly an interesting vehicle - I agree!

It actually has the rear seats but they were never installed. Can’t answer whether there are plastic panels lining the back yet as the vehicle is en route to Canada now via a ship. The roll bar is an after market one that was installed mid 80’s. Once I receive the vehicle I will hopefully be able to figure out a way to have the jump seats installed without tossing the roll bar. It’s certainly an interesting vehicle - I agree!
Oh so you already have the rear seats it came with?

Here’s a clip from a video of I have for the seats.
View recent photos 2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom