Wanted BJ40 crankshaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am desperately in need of a crankshaft for my BJ40 B engine rebuild. Looking for new or used in good condition. I’ve searched sor, cool cruisers, manafre, and cruisercorps but have struck out. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I am desperately in need of a crankshaft for my 1983 BJ40 B engine rebuild. Looking for new or used in good condition. I’ve searched sor, cool cruisers, manafre, and cruisercorps but have struck out. Any ideas?
I’m not sure that Toyota was putting ‘B’ engines in anything by 1983. 2B’s maybe in Japan but rest of the world that got B series engines were getting 3Bs by then. It’s important to ask for the right thing or you get crickets for a reply. I can supply a 1986 3B short block ( or components thereof) if that’s what you need.

I’m not sure that Toyota was putting ‘B’ engines in anything by 1983. 2B’s maybe in Japan but rest of the world that got B series engines were getting 3Bs by then. It’s important to ask for the right thing or you get crickets for a reply. I can supply a 1986 3B short block ( or components thereof) if that’s what you need.
I appreciate your concern, but I can assure you that my cruiser has the original B engine in it. I run into this problem frequently where people assume that my engine must be a 3B because of the year of the vehicle but in Colombia (where I bought my cruiser) you had B engines. Granted, diesel 40 series are rare in Colombia in general. I will edit my original post to avoid confusing people though.

I appreciate your concern, but I can assure you that my cruiser has the original B engine in it. I run into this problem frequently where people assume that my engine must be a 3B because of the year of the vehicle but in Colombia (where I bought my cruiser) you had B engines. Granted, diesel 40 series are rare in Colombia in general. I will edit my original post to avoid confusing people though.
Wow! Interesting. I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom