BJ40 1978 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I'm new to this kind of thing as this is the first forum I have ever joined. I have a 1978 BJ40 that is originally from Australia but is now in England. Someone imported it and started to strip stuff and gave up. I bought it for a song 12 years ago because I was brought up in Africa and this was the vehicle we always used to travel in the bush and reminded me of my youth and home. It sat in a container for 10 years and I started work on it 2 years ago. (nothing to do in covid) I have zero engineering experience so have been learning the hard way with some help from friends that know what they are doing (sort of). This is definitely a labour of love. I been slowly doing it up and came across this forum site and decided to join so that I could share the experience and hopefully get advice from much wiser and more experienced people. It wasn't helpful that the previous owner had started to strip her which meant I couldn't get a lot of photos to help with the rebuild. I have posted some pictures of her. Thanks.
IMG_1737.jpeg
IMG_1739.jpeg
IMG_1421.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, you're in the right place, lots of very knowledgeable Landcruiser folks here. Looks like a good project, looking forward to your progress. 😀

You're going to need a lot of love.

Don't forget to post pictures as you work on it.

Welcome to the madness.

You are not joking :). Ever the optimists we had a go at seeing if there was any life at all. Needless to say👎. On a more positive note the tyres had remained pumped up for 12 years to my knowledge and the newness had definitely worn off before that. I think they must have made better tyres back then.

IMG_2297.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom