BJ on Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A map. Saskatoon is the start. Fosston is the end. 165 miles.

Anyway, Fosston is 165 miles East of Saskatoon in Saskatchewan

Last edited:
The seller said NO RUST. The picture of the undercarriage looks like there's quit a bit of rust.

it certainly had rust at some point, its been re-worked. notice the right 1/4 panel....the holes for the 4x4 emblem have been filled

That vehicle is heavily rusted. Look at the undercarriage.

Canadians have different names for rust. It may be completely brown surfaced, and eaten in a bit too, but if that's called "green cheese" then there may be lots of green cheese but there won't be rust.

If there are places where the rust has eaten completely through to the point that no metal is left then they may acknowledge some rust, but of course it will be only in the "usual places".

But they may have different 'usual places' too. In Canada a usual place is the entire frame and it's not hard to find vehicles with whole sections of frame gone from rust. Until the vehicle collapses in half with the nose and tail ends pointed upward through and through rusting is termed "mild" or "slight".

Despite the fact that we can usually understand them when they speak Canadians use a very different language from ours, and you should be careful about that.

LOL :)

and SO damn true, took a few trips to BC to look at "rust free" Cruisers..........and yes the Canadian version of rust free was not quite the same as mine.

honk said:

Canadians have different names for rust. It may be completely brown surfaced, and eaten in a bit too, but if that's called "green cheese" then there may be lots of green cheese but there won't be rust.

If there are places where the rust has eaten completely through to the point that no metal is left then they may acknowledge some rust, but of course it will be only in the "usual places".

But they may have different 'usual places' too. In Canada a usual place is the entire frame and it's not hard to find vehicles with whole sections of frame gone from rust. Until the vehicle collapses in half with the nose and tail ends pointed upward through and through rusting is termed "mild" or "slight".

Despite the fact that we can usually understand them when they speak Canadians use a very different language from ours, and you should be careful about that.

Landpimp said:
LOL :)

and SO damn true, took a few trips to BC to look at "rust free" Cruisers..........and yes the Canadian version of rust free was not quite the same as mine.

My Dad lives in B.C. north of Vancouver on the Sunshine Coast. A few years ago he bought a Landcruiser that looked pretty good. It turned out to be a cover-up job. The rust started coming through the paint two weeks after he got it home. Then he started looking around the truck to see if he could do anything to slow the rust down. He tried cleaning out the frame by tapping it with a hammer to loosen the rust inside. At one point his hammer went right through the frame. He had to fish plate it.

But, he still drives it and wants nothing else than a Landcruiser.

honk said:

I think I know what that yellow sh*t is, I looked at a 82 bj42 in Calgary not long ago, when I saw the cruiser driving up it was JD green with yellow fenders , Notttttttttt ! The whole under carrage had been covered with foam and the body had rotted out and you could just see the foam. Somebody must have done this to try and avoid rust and it did not look like it did any favors to the truck. Beware ! I would not buy this truck unseen.

Myrle

PLEASE....don't make a general statement like that about us Canadians....do we call ALL Americans knuckle draging rednecks ? No we don't ,and if someone did then you should do the same thing I am doing now !
Some of us Canadians know more about rust than some Americans so we know how to better fight it than some of you folks who live south of the border and do not have to deal with it or even know how to deal with it .
The e-bay rig is definitly rusted...a bs'er buy all means....run away . I was looking at an e-bay item just last night somewhere in Iowa....advertised as excellant shape and priced quite high...looked at the pic and it is rusted all to s*** !
Yeahhhhhhh...different language all right....
Buyer beware is the common sense we should all use

Daryl , who takes objection to stone throwing

Last edited:
fjbj40 said:
PLEASE....don't make a general statement like that about us Canadians....do we call ALL Americans knuckle draging rednecks ? No we don't ,and if someone did then you should do the same thing I am doing now !
Some of us Canadians know more about rust than some Americans so we know how to better fight it than some of you folks who live south of the border and do not have to deal with it or even know how to deal with it .
The e-bay rig is definitly rusted...a bs'er buy all means....run away . I was looking at an e-bay item just last night somewhere in Iowa....advertised as excellant shape and priced quite high...looked at the pic and it is rusted all to s*** !
Yeahhhhhhh...different language all right....
Buyer beware is the common sense we should all use

Daryl , who takes objection to stone throwing

It's probably not a question of U.S. / Canada rust perspectives but rather a seller (American or Canadian) trying to put the best spin on the sale. Most sellers would want to downplay the faults of the vehicle so they can get their price and sell it quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom