BJ-74 Fuel Tank Suction and Return Assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TANK - Copy.png

Right click and open in new window. Hopefully that works.

That works great, thanks. What is the procedure to remove and replace the Suction and Return Assembly ? Does the tank have to be removed, or will it drop enough at the front to allow removal of the Suction and Return Assembly ? Do the hoses at the rear side of the tank need disconnecting or will they flex sufficiently to allow removal of the Suction and Return Assembly ?

That works great, thanks. What is the procedure to remove and replace the Suction and Return Assembly ? Does the tank have to be removed, or will it drop enough at the front to allow removal of the Suction and Return Assembly ? Do the hoses at the rear side of the tank need disconnecting or will they flex sufficiently to allow removal of the Suction and Return Assembly ?
Hi John
Reviving this thread as I have to go trough the same procedure.
Did you figure how to drop the tank and maybe provide some advice?
Thank you
Ralf

You probably won't get a response. The OP was last seen 14 months ago.

Thank you @jblueridge. Great writeup there.

Can anybody tell the exact inner diameter of the rubber hose? I measured the main hard line going to the engine and it appears to be 5/16 inch / 8mm outer diameter (to go into the hose).
Also having a hard time to find the gaskets.
Partsouque says:
Gasket for suction tube: 77169-14020 but nobody close has it.
Gasket for sender unit: 83361-20030 but that's also labeled 'gasket suction tube' and references say its for 40s 60s 90s ?
Gasket for drain plug: 9043020006 T=2.0 or 9043020007 T=2.5 Don't know what I need. Only 9043020007 is available anyway. If T stands for thickness, that should work?
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers Ralf

Toyodiy shows the suction tube and sender gaskets were used in many different cars and trucks.
They are both available online from dealers in the USA.
Are you buying from Toyota dealer?

I can't recall the exact rubber fuel hose diameter. I think I bought 7mm ID tube meant for old VW Bug.

I can't remember if they are the same gasket or not.
Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom