BJ 73 kzt swap rpm problem. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.
I need some help. We have done a kzt engine swap in to a BJ 73 with mecanical Pump all sensor are original the wiring everything. But are not able to put the rpm working.
We had the VM instruments pannel the original but did'nt work than Change to a KZJ original one and the rpm still not working.
Can sameone help me on this please.

Thanks i read that but in the end i did not understand if you need to change something in the instruments panels to make it work.
The ohms are the same in the post, but it does 6v could it be some condenser burn inside off the dash?

I think you need the correct 1KZ T tachometer to use the signal from the 1KZ injection pump sensor.

I think you need the correct 1KZ T tachometer to use the signal from the 1KZ injection pump sensor.
I bought the instruments pannel of a lj70 thinking that was from a kzt but it did not work also.
I try to put the tacho of the VM in the LJ pannel and its moves a litle the needle go up a bit with the engine on high revs. does the same in the VM pannel. but the tacho of the LJ do not move on any of the pannels nothing.
Problably os burn?
Should the tacho of the LJ work with the kzt? Is not the way of reading rpm the same um the 2lt engines of the LJ?

leave it hooked up for a while?
my standard tacho doesnt start working till about 15mins of driving,dont know why this is,some kind of fault,been like this since I have owned it, fine once warmed up and will work straight away from shutting it down to restarting the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom