For Sale Birmingham Alabama | Turn key 1991 LHD 1HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
If the listing is up it's still for sale.
Link to CL post with more pictures: 1991 Toyota LandCruiser 1HZJ73 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/birmingham-1991-toyota-landcruiser/7643897499.html

Year: 1991
Model: 73 series | Left Hand Drive
Mileage: 310000 kilometers
Color: Tan
Price: $40000

Rare bird. This is a '91 73 series from The Netherlands. This is the mid-size body in the 70 series. Perfect size for off roading, camping, overlanding. It was imported to the US many moons ago and then painted and cleaned up and brought to Alabama. I have registration papers going back over a decade from the Netherlands. This is a true Left Hand Drive. 1HZ mated to an H55 transmission. Top comes off fine although you probably wouldn't want to do it regularly. This is a solid off road vehicle and unlike the Starbucks pretty boys this one has gone off road and proven itself regularly. Abused? No. Ridden well? Yes. It is mechanically solid but does have a few stripes and dings. If you are looking for something pristine and car show worthy you may need some body work to get there. If you are looking for turnkey offroading built properly you are at the right spot. Like life, the price may be negotiable but I'm not interested in trades. Too many toys at this point in my life.

Basics
  • 4.2L 1HZ rebuilt at 300,000km by Boozer Built of Birmingham Alabama,
  • H55 five speed manual gearbox. Inspected but honestly the only thing we've not touched as it didn't need anything.
  • Front end completely rebuilt including SA spindle outward.
  • Brand new hubs.
  • Full Floating Solid Axles.
  • Front and rear brakes new.
  • LockRight front and rear mechanical lockers installed.
    • We pulled the actuator cable from the 4WD Low. So now you have 2WD high, 2WD low (amazing) and if you need it 4WD is engaged via the vacuum actuated button on the dash. I can explain better in person. It's a good thing I promise.
  • 2 inch Dobinsons medium lift.
  • LT285/75R16 Nitto Trail Grappler MTs with less than 5k kms on them.
  • 24 volt Engine bay rewired and 12 volt panel installed for accessories.
  • Cruise control (Yup. We put this in and it's great cruising at 65-70mph)
  • Custom front bumper.
  • Custom rear bumper.
  • N4 off road front plate.
  • Custom sliders.
  • Safari Snorkel.
  • Warn xeon 10k.
  • Scheelman seats in front. These are $4k worth of seats and worth every penny.
  • Custom modular roll cage that can be removed.
  • Custom modular drawer system in the back.
  • Custom woodwork between the seats.
  • AM/FM/XM/etc.
  • Wouxan GMRS radio built in.
  • Aftermarket mechanical gauges that you can trust.
  • Roof Rack.
  • Strong sticker game on the FHP topper.

The Good

1. Everything.
  2. It's a darn tank. Never say never but I have never been stuck in it. It will pretty much climb anything.
  3. It's a looker. It's rare that I go out and don't get folks asking about it. Feels good.
  4. It still has potential to become a variety of things or you can just take it as is and be happy.

The Bad
Not much!

1. Factory fuel gauge is off. I have to watch my trip meter and fill up around 400kms. Should go to 500kms but I don't push it.
  2. Aftermarket gauges are a bit sloppy in how they are mounted and they are on my to do list but that's a long list with multiple projects.

A1142C00-4621-4D65-9092-C1808A00115F_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
I have seen and wheeled with this truck and it is an absolute mountain goat. The owner is a good buddy, a solid dude, and a straight shooter. So what he says is true. If I had the money y’all wouldn’t be seeing the listing to start with because *I* would own the thing. Alas.

GLWS friend. We’ll miss the old boy.

BUMP

Price dropped to $40k

CL add is down, more pics?

That's me and Turtle all right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom