1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birfiield Care Package

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Rookie2, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Rookie2

Rookie2

Just a thought, but with all the PM birfield servicing that alot of us are doing (besides the subjest of the "test group"), seems like it would be a nice addition to the site, to put together a birfield repack package, that includes all the special tools needed to do the birf job.. 54 mm hub socket, fish scale, drifts, tie rod puller, seal puller etc.. and some of the little helpful nick-nacks. It seems kind of a waste that all of us are purchasing these individually and spending the time to pull them together, for something that we'll only use a of couple of times.

Maybe pitch in $20 each time someone uses it, and it would pay for itself in no time.

Just a thought,
    R2

2. Junk

Junk

May not be a bad idea, but if you wheel your junk, you should have everything you need with you every time. Otherwise, you may be in for a long day.

The 54mm can be picked up cheap as I got mine from www.tooldesk.com (I think - check cruiser tech for my post) for like $7 incl. shipping and it's an OTC 1/2" drive. Most are 3/4" drive and that stinks when you're on the trail and don't have your adapter or lost it when you pulled it out. Fish scale is nice, but not necessary. Everyone should have a drift - they are cheap etc.

This really is not much by way of special equipment. For the most part, when you make a list of what you need to do like 80% of the work that most of us would ever really do on our rigs, it's not a lot of tools required.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    .............gulp...............I agree 100% with Junk :D

now to go wash my hands........I feel dirty :flipoff2:

4. Junk

Junk

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=13071;start=msg120765#msg120765 date=1079224646]
    I feel dirty :flipoff2:[/quote]

that's cause you're a dirty little boy and you like it. :slap: :D